Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burnaby, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if that's the same guy from reddit, he's been claiming that's the spot for a while now..he claimed that it just happens to be close to the pin location, but seems like such a small and weird site for a supercharger... and not many amenities within walking distance.. I am surprised we still haven't seen any permits if the construction is ongoing, or maybe he could provide pics to prove me wrong.
will check it out and confirm, not sure who this reddit user is but that person must have had the same suspicion as me from looking at the construction

Okay so I finally have some good reliable information as to where the Burnaby Supercharger will be located. I contacted someone from the City of Burnaby, from Planning.

I received a PDF document showing an architect firm from Calgary that has requested rezoning of a property in Burnaby and according to the Planning department, I was told:

" We have received an application to rezone a property for the purpose of a Tesla automotive sales/service centre and I’ve attached the initial report which provides some background. This report was advanced to Council in June and we received authorization to work with the applicant on a suitable plan of development for the site. As it stands, we’re in the process of designing the project and specific details regarding charging infrastructure on-site has not been finalized or made public at this time. "

It looks like a Tesla service center and showroom at going to be built at this address: 2505 Eastbrook Pkwy, Burnaby, BC V5C 5W2

So there you have it. Looks like the location has been resolved, it's near the highway, across the street from Costco and close to Brentwood.

Perhaps someone can move the blue dot to this address.

Attachments

• Rezoning Reference #21-17 Initial Report 2021.06.14.pdf
    390.9 KB · Views: 125
Okay so I finally have some good reliable information as to where the Burnaby Supercharger will be located. I contacted someone from the City of Burnaby, from Planning.

I received a PDF document showing an architect firm from Calgary that has requested rezoning of a property in Burnaby and according to the Planning department, I was told:

" We have received an application to rezone a property for the purpose of a Tesla automotive sales/service centre and I’ve attached the initial report which provides some background. This report was advanced to Council in June and we received authorization to work with the applicant on a suitable plan of development for the site. As it stands, we’re in the process of designing the project and specific details regarding charging infrastructure on-site has not been finalized or made public at this time. "

It looks like a Tesla service center and showroom at going to be built at this address: 2505 Eastbrook Pkwy, Burnaby, BC V5C 5W2

So there you have it. Looks like the location has been resolved, it's near the highway, across the street from Costco and close to Brentwood.

I guess I have some question as to whether this site would include Superchargers, even though it is convenient to Hwy 1. The material from the City only makes mention of automotive sales, service and repairs. My knowledge of locations outside of BC is pretty limited but it seems that Superchargers and Sales/Services facilities are usually in separate locations. In any event a new Sales/Service location would be good news (with or without Superchargers).

Interesting!!! This is very close to the original location they were going to have at brentwood mall overtaking the Sears space. I guess this place probably has way cheaper rent than in the mall.

It would make sense for this to have superchargers due to its close proximity to Hwy 1, are there any service centeres/sales centres that has superchargers on site for public use?

Interesting!!! This is very close to the original location they were going to have at brentwood mall overtaking the Sears space. I guess this place probably has way cheaper rent than in the mall.

It would make sense for this to have superchargers due to its close proximity to Hwy 1, are there any service centeres/sales centres that has superchargers on site for public use?

It's going to be hard to tell at this point if there will be Superchargers available to the public at this location, however the site is quite large and the location is more strategic for Superchargers than a service center, so it looks more likely that there will be Superchargers there, and heck, maybe they'll offer refreshments, food, purchase accessories and a sales pitch to get a new Tesla while you're there charging. To me it makes sense, but pure speculation.

Reactions: booruce

Nice find! Hope it gets approved soon because Burnaby really needs a service centre. I don't think it'll have superchargers there, but anywhere in the area would be great. Preferably in the parking lot by the old Sears. They could fit 30-40 stalls there easy.

Nice find! Hope it gets approved soon because Burnaby really needs a service centre. I don't think it'll have superchargers there, but anywhere in the area would be great. Preferably in the parking lot by the old Sears. They could fit 30-40 stalls there easy.

Yes it would be a great location. Nearly the center of the Greater Vancouver area and right on Highway 1. Beautiful. I guess it all matters on if they plan on occupying the entire site or just a portion of it (currently there are many businesses at this location). Then if it's the entire site, it would depend on if they plan on tearing down the existing structure or just reconstruction. My hope is that if they go big, and tear it down and build a proper service center and possibly showroom, that they might make a lounging area and several Superchargers. I know most service centers aren't setup like this, but it sure would be a smart move to bring in a little lounging area with Superchargers. In China, many of their EV brands offer AMAZING lounges for owners. Some brands like Audi, BMW and MB have decent lounges with snacks, Swiss coffee machines, water, magazines, nice place to sit and scope out new cars and models. I know, I know ... Tesla is doing everything differently ... but not everything should be different. So judging by the size of this location, it has potential! We can dream :)

Just paid a visit to the possible location of the new Burnaby Service Center / Showroom / Superchargers (possibly) !!

There are a few businesses at this location, however something that is very interesting is that pretty much all but one business are all gone and their offices are vacant. So it's looking highly likely that the landowner has not renewed the lease of any of the previous businesses and likely Tesla is making a serious move here. I've attached some front and back shots of the site.

Attachments

• 2021-11-28 15.55.01.jpg
    2021-11-28 15.55.01.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 2021-11-28 15.56.55.jpg
    2021-11-28 15.56.55.jpg
    651.2 KB · Views: 101
I live pretty close to here so looking forward to more updates on this one. Looks like the proposal was submitted somwhere around April-June of this year. So even when this gets approved, they get all the construction permits and the actual construction time, it may be a while before we see it become online. But its this is the same company that can build a gigantic factory in less than 2 years. 🤷‍♂️

The application sign has disappeared and the for-lease sign has gone up or been reposted. Maybe this is the normal process once an application is under review. Hopefully this does not mean Tesla has not withdrawn its application.
Maybe the application sign was just a layer on top of the for-lease sign, so removing the application sign would expose for-lease again

Sadly it's true ... just paid a visit to the Burnaby location and a new For Lease by Cushman Wakefield sign has been installed.

It says Eastbrook Business Park, up to 27,652 square feet available. So looks like the whole building is available for lease again, and likely Tesla is working on another location somewhere else.

Back to square one on Burnaby.

Attachments

• 2022-01-03 15.23.32.jpg
    2022-01-03 15.23.32.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Sadly it's true ... just paid a visit to the Burnaby location and a new For Lease by Cushman Wakefield sign has been installed.

It says Eastbrook Business Park, up to 27,652 square feet available. So looks like the whole building is available for lease again, and likely Tesla is working on another location somewhere else.

Back to square one on Burnaby.
Don't lose hope yet. I just did a search on Cushman Wakefield's website for properties available for lease, and could not find any listing at Eastbrook in Burnaby.

I've also found their detailed architectural drawing on City of Burnaby's website: https://pub-burnaby.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=57199 . This kind of design can cost easily hundreds of thousands so I don't think Tesla would pull out of this plan by this point.

Last edited:
The latest from Tesla (as of yesterday) shows a Burnaby Supercharger with a Q1 2022 target opening date. It is quite possible that a Supercharger is already under construction somewhere in Burnaby. (Of course the Q1 target date could just be wishful thinking on the part of Tesla.)

The latest from Tesla (as of yesterday) shows a Burnaby Supercharger with a Q1 2022 target opening date. It is quite possible that a Supercharger is already under construction somewhere in Burnaby. (Of course the Q1 target date could just be wishful thinking on the part of Tesla.)

Sadly Tesla has been doing this for years with the Burnaby Supercharger location. They keep claiming it's coming this quarter, then they bump it to next quarter. They have a canning ability to build these fast without anybody noticing, so it may pop up, but given this locations trend for the past couple of years, I'd say ... don't hold your breath that it is going to be Q1.

I did notice some unusual construction in the North East parking lot of Metrotown Mall along Kingsway today. However with the massive rebuilding plans of the mall area, it's doubtful that they will install Superchargers there, just to be torn down a year or two later.