Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hines, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two new documents have been uploaded to this permit file as of yesterday. Additionally, on the Tesla Owners Club Portland group Facebook (which is where I saw this), a comment says that someone talked with a Supercharger tech who says they will be breaking ground on this over this upcoming week.
That's good news, I tried to use the new Chargepoint ChaDeMo a few weeks ago and couldn't get it to communicate with the car. Plugshare showed a successful Tesla connection two weeks prior to that but other people had similar issues as I had in weeks prior. Ended up sitting on the L2 for 3.5 hours which caused me to drive through a snow storm in the dark.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Two new documents have been uploaded to this permit file as of yesterday. Additionally, on the Tesla Owners Club Portland group Facebook (which is where I saw this), a comment says that someone talked with a Supercharger tech who says they will be breaking ground on this over this upcoming week.
I'm not seeing any new documents besides the standard inspection reports that get created whenever anyone clicks the "Print/View Summary" button in the Record Details section. If someone wasn't familiar with the way that the Accela portal works, I can see how it might be easy to misinterpret those listings as actual action even though they aren't. Besides, the permit was already issued back in July and after issuance no more documents need or should be expected to be uploaded. It'll be nice if the tech was right about Tesla's plans to break ground soon, this location has been lacking for a long time, but there's nothing in the online record to indicate any particular new movement.

Come Tesla! Let’s get that SuperCharger installed! Here’s a pic of 3 cars charging using: CHAdeMO, J-1772, and 14-50. Burns has enough traffic to justify a speedy install.
7B879172-D563-481B-8403-1ABF1A08B689.jpeg

does anyone by any chance have an update on this? Did they break ground and start construction?

I'm not seeing any new documents besides the standard inspection reports that get created whenever anyone clicks the "Print/View Summary" button in the Record Details section.
I’m sure mocial9 had this right back on Dec 6th because I was the person that had clicked “Print/View Summary” (2 times in early Dec).
The Facebook gossip is heartening, but Plus EV is likely correct, this is “an odd time of year to start digging in Burns. Ground should be frozen... and the days are short.”

It will be nice to have the Burns Supercharger. I went from Crescent City, CA to Caldwell, Idaho the other day. We went up through Bend, OR to Ontario, OR.

We planned on stopping at Burns and use the J-1227 charger for a bit but someone was already there. My Model 3 said we could get to Ontario with 6% so we decided to on anyways. We went the speed limit most of the way but then had to drop down 5mph under and had the heat at 63F the whole time. Got there with 2% battery left. We had a good amount of range anxiety lol.

Having Burns would make that trip far shorter and less stressful!

It will be nice to have the Burns Supercharger. I went from Crescent City, CA to Caldwell, Idaho the other day. We went up through Bend, OR to Ontario, OR.

We planned on stopping at Burns and use the J-1227 charger for a bit but someone was already there. My Model 3 said we could get to Ontario with 6% so we decided to on anyways. We went the speed limit most of the way but then had to drop down 5mph under and had the heat at 63F the whole time. Got there with 2% battery left. We had a good amount of range anxiety lol.

Having Burns would make that trip far shorter and less stressful!
That's definitely a sketchy crossing in winter. This is also why it's best to start off slow when crossing a charging desert, even if you do plan to top off along the way, you just never know if it will be functional and available.

We planned on stopping at Burns and use the J-1227 charger for a bit but someone was already there.

I’m assuming you don’t have a CHAdeMO adapter otherwise that would have been an option for you. And, there is a 14-50 receptacle there as well but it’s really only useful if you’re desperate — and I have been. We make the Jackson Hole to Bend trip fairly often so the CHAdeMO charger has been really nice.