Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buttonwillow, CA - Cal Club Rd. (LIVE Sep 2022, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

According to an article posted last night by TheWattCar, the management team at Buttonwillow Raceway is in final talks with Tesla about bringing a 16 stall Supercharger (of unknown power) to the site - mostly to cater to demand during events like Tesla Corsa and such. Currently there are 50A outlets at the RV site, but no actual charging infrastructure. The nearest Supercharger at the moment is the existing Buttonwillow Supercharger, about 10mi from the track. This new location could be very practical for a quick Supercharge in between laps.

If this project goes through, it looks like it will be the first permanent Supercharger build at a racetrack.

Original article: Tesla on Track: Buttonwillow Gets New Circuit and (Possibly) Supercharger — The Watt Car

It’s much needed and it’s officially coming to buttonwillow!!!

Attachments

• 09190EB8-2027-40CC-8197-73B7B531C2E8.jpeg
    09190EB8-2027-40CC-8197-73B7B531C2E8.jpeg
    402.7 KB · Views: 784
If inspections have been completed then that means construction has started (thread title update?).

Also, the permit was issued on 8/26/21 so the thread title should at least be permit issued until someone can confirm construction beyond online records of inspections happening. Anybody traveling that stretch of I5 want to swing by?

Reactions: bmah
I swung by here late last night and didn't see any obvious construction outside the racetrack. I later looked up thread and realized the chargers are planned to be located in the paddock which will be behind closed gates after hours. Last time I raced on this track, tickets were required to get past the person at the entry gate along with signing a liability waiver. I suspect the same would be true to use the superchargers but I guess time will tell if that's the case.

80E1EE22-D988-476D-9515-399495EB1593.jpeg
065FCACB-383E-41DF-8F14-F9AAB2A00FCC.jpeg

Looks complete with everything wrapped for weather until the rest of the infrastructure is complete for the Track 2 paddock. Currently just a dirt road with a chain link gate off the main driveway right off Lerdo Hwy leading to the site for construction access so one could drive in to check it out if they wanted without having to go through the main track access gate. And didn’t mind half mile of fine dust on their car. Looks like a while for the rest of track 2 to be completed so maybe they’ll open it up for public charging. Who knows.

Doesn't look like any progress. Transformer has been on site since Jan 10th at the latest. Interesting that it got built so fast with no other infrastructure there. They'd have to provide separate access for Tesla to make money off of it right now.