Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buttonwillow, CA (10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh my! Let's hope that if another supercharger goes in anywhere near Buttonwillow CA it is located at I-5 and CA-46. The rest stops are pretty grim and no where near anything convenient. There is a lot of opportunity in Lost Hills CA. My 2c! I'll check them anyway when passing through, although SWA has made it Tesla parkingly easy to fly to/from Phoenix/San José with a recent $43.88 dollar one way fares sale! ...so it may be a while for me!

Just to summarize the food options reported above as I understand them, after checking Google maps and other web sites:

Subway and Starbucks right next to SC, visible in photo.
Taste of India about 200 yard walk SE on Tracy, same side of street.
Dennys and Quiznos 100 yard NW on Tracy, Quiznos inside 76 station (verified with street view), same side of street.

While mentioned by nobody, and not on the info page, Google also shows a place called Willow Ranch BBQ across the street, that looks like it could be a good option. Wonder if its worth going to as another option.

Cottonwood, when I mentioned southbound I wasn't thinking rest stop, but you may be right. As far as logic we could be looking at a bit longer range batteries in the future where its easy to do bay area to LA with one stop, or possibly the Buttonwillow area is more "welcoming" to Tesla when it comes to expanding compared to Harris or Tejon.... or both?? Purely speculation on both counts.

Elon's vision is to have SC spaced approximately every 50 miles. I can't think of a better state than California to begin fulfilling this vision. The I5 would be a great place to start knowing how many Teslas are and will be sold here.

Cottonwood, when I mentioned southbound I wasn't thinking rest stop, but you may be right. As far as logic we could be looking at a bit longer range batteries in the future where its easy to do bay area to LA with one stop, or possibly the Buttonwillow area is more "welcoming" to Tesla when it comes to expanding compared to Harris or Tejon.... or both?? Purely speculation on both counts.

It would be a good place to open restaurants, and Tesla drivers can afford more upscale restaurants. At a place like HR, there's a constant stream of cars going to charge. If only eight of them a day resulted in customers in the restaurant, and the average bill was $100, then there would be close to $300K/year in extra business. I'm sure there are more people who eat than that. When I stop to charge, there's no shortage of cars with nobody in them and there aren't many places for people to go. I can't say how much the average person spends to eat, but a couple going out for a steak dinner and some wine won't get something for under $100.

I would expect Buttonwillow to get a considerable amount of restaurant business due to the superchargers, and even though the average meal price will be lower than at HR, there might be a higher likelihood that a person would stop for a sandwich.

I stopped to charge here last week and my wife and I ate at the Willow Ranch BBQ place across the street. It wasn't bad. Food is average. It's kinda of like an independent diner. I think it was better than Denny's. Also across the street is a Taco Bell Express located at the truck stop/gas station.

Charging at Buttonwillow. Only 4 cars charging, 6 stalls empty.
c027e8aa32062ab6a2f478c63bccb499.jpg

Last edited:
5 charging this past Sunday at 5pm ish. That's the most I've seen, even on July 4th weekend. Was possibly more than usual due to the tejon charger being advertised as closed.
That's great to hear. This past weekend seemed to be pretty busy at other locations; some co-workers reported encountering lines (3 cars or more) at the Dublin, Atascadero, and SJC superchargers on Sunday. Maybe folks haven't yet "discovered" Buttonwillow.