Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cabazon, CA (16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are 10 stalls and the contractor said they are expecting to be done by Black Friday
The transformer might be another story
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
The cement structure that will support the yet to be delivered Utility Transformer is there because of an easement issue that was very quickly resolved. The original location for the utility transformer was to have been in the green area directly behind where it will now go. This caused a delay, but I must admit a very short one!! The plans were changed and approved. Some of the project pedestals had to be relocated 16 feet to the west. I'm amazed that the site did not grind to a halt like (SJC/Greenville SC) time frames. So "Way to go!!" Tesla/Cabazon/Black& Veatch and work crew for keeping this project moving forward!! Seriously...!! It's got to be a record for such a drastic change!!

More Photos!

P1010048.JPG
P1010049.JPG
P1010054.JPG
P1010055.JPG

Stopped by today, nice side round trip from Bay Area to Palm Springs, and all conduit is in and the trenches are filled. Frames for pouring concrete for pedestals almost done in this photo taken today. Man on site estimates his work done by Dec 8th. Then the Transformer... Keep your fingered crossed, looking good.

imagejpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 742
I drove by today for a quick look on the way back frpm Palm Springs. All ten charging supports are in with footings, but the covers are not installed yet. The central block building is partially built. There were two workers doing their thing. I didn't take any pics.

I dropped by on my way back to the Valley from Palm Desert on Saturday. I spoke with the foreman, and he indicated that their jobs would be completed mid-week, and then he hoped that Edison would drop in their transformer no later than the end of next week. These will be head-in stalls, and he said Tesla wanted them to paint the cement foundations with reflective paint. Another drop of good news: When I asked him about painting the parking slots with green "EV charging only," he said that the landlord INSISTED that the parking slots be painted thus.

By the way, his crew is off to Elko once they are done in Cabazon, presumably after the holidays!

I dropped by on my way back to the Valley from Palm Desert on Saturday. I spoke with the foreman, and he indicated that their jobs would be completed mid-week, and then he hoped that Edison would drop in their transformer no later than the end of next week. These will be head-in stalls, and he said Tesla wanted them to paint the cement foundations with reflective paint. Another drop of good news: When I asked him about painting the parking slots with green "EV charging only," he said that the landlord INSISTED that the parking slots be painted thus.

By the way, his crew is off to Elko once they are done in Cabazon, presumably after the holidays!

Yea the current EV charging spots are painted like this. Although they are MUCH closer to the shopping as well.

I think where these spots are located, the problem is not going to be ICE'ing but tesla owners leaving their car plugged in for a few hours while shopping - it is a long walk back.

I went by Saturday and found the fence down, all ten charging stations complete, the site all cleaned up and the Transformer is in place! It looked ready to go. I plugged in, but, alas, the power is not yet turned on. My guess is that it should be turned on this coming week. I will try and post my first pic, hopefully it works.

SpCCabazon2014_12_13a.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention that I was there on Saturday around 12 Noon and there was a lot of traffic coming in and out of the very full parking lot.

I went by Saturday and found the fence down, all ten charging stations complete, the site all cleaned up and the Transformer is in place! It looked ready to go. I plugged in, but, alas, the power is not yet turned on. My guess is that it should be turned on this coming week. I will try and post my first pic, hopefully it works.

View attachment 66037

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention that I was there on Saturday around 12 Noon and there was a lot of traffic coming in and out of the very full parking lot.

I tried to plug in today! Didn't work lol. Soon I hope

Thank you for the picture. I cant wait until these are online. You know how Cabazon is during the holidays, it's a complete disaster with thousands of people shopping everyday. I expect the volume to decrease dramatically after the new year. Also, as you know the chargers are completely on the west side of the property. Definetly not a convenient location if you plan on doing heavy shopping, but great at reducing ICEing.