Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cabazon, CA (16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10eecc81bb048e8faaf48854200e82f1.jpg

I was there earlier today. While walking around, I checked the app and charging stopped twice. I had to restart it via the app both times. This never happened to me before. I was at the leftmost stall. Didn't note the stall letter/number.

Btw, this was completely full on Oct 7 in the early afternoon before Desert Trip.
It was maybe half full the morning of Oct 10th (maybe around 10am?) for the return journey, I suppose some folks left Sunday night after the last set.
Hopefully this is useful for those planning to attend festivals next year.

A word of warning! Getting into these charging stalls is easy. Getting out can be another story. Your stern is right on the edge of the incoming road to the adjacent MacDonalds drive-thru lane. You are competing for road space with hungry Mickey D patrons. Choosing a stall to the right of the transformer bldg gives you a fighting chance to see them coming...

Vistan

We visited the Cabazon SpC twice over the past week; I wanted to share that the not-so-inviting-looking taco shack about 1000' west of the entrance (opposite from the outlets; at the Malki Rd junction where the interstate ramps are) serves excellent food, good prices. Other than their taquitos and the 'cheese' that tops their nachos, all their output is absolutely homemade. Both times we were there we were served by professional, forthright and courteous servers. Name is Crazy Coyote Tacos. It is a good distance from the chargers: just the right amount of time for walking there and back and eating. But no restrooms: you'll need to use either the Chevron's or the McDonalds's.
I'd recommend the chile verde tacos or burritos - really tasty pork carnita within.

We visited the Cabazon SpC twice over the past week; I wanted to share that the not-so-inviting-looking taco shack about 1000' west of the entrance (opposite from the outlets; at the Malki Rd junction where the interstate ramps are) serves excellent food, good prices. Other than their taquitos and the 'cheese' that tops their nachos, all their output is absolutely homemade. Both times we were there we were served by professional, forthright and courteous servers. Name is Crazy Coyote Tacos. It is a good distance from the chargers: just the right amount of time for walking there and back and eating. But no restrooms: you'll need to use either the Chevron's or the McDonalds's.
I'd recommend the chile verde tacos or burritos - really tasty pork carnita within.
Thanks Audie. I'll likely try Crazy Coyote on my my Tuesday.

A woman was robbed at gunpoint while at a charging station in Cabazon according to a Sheriff’s Dept. press release. Can anyone confirm if this was the Tesla Supercharger or the nearby EVgo?

On Saturday, January 28, 2017, at 3:30 AM, deputies from the Cabazon Station responded to the 48300 Block of Seminole Drive, in Cabazon for a robbery. Upon arrival, Cabazon Station Deputies learned the victim was seated in her vehicle, while parked in the vehicle charging stations. A tan/gold colored Suburban style SUV pulled in behind her. The suspect, exited the driver’s seat, and approached the victim. While talking to the victim the suspect brandished a black revolver while demanding her “stuff”. The suspect fled the area with the victim’s belongings.

:: Sheriff-Coroner :: Riverside County, California

3:30 am. Many peoples' idea of a scary time of night, whether it was at an SpC slot, EVGo or anywhere else. Very sorry to hear that happened and sure hope it provides more impetus for Tesla to work with its landlords to provide security cameras &c.

No, I do not. But when I arrived at Cabazon the Monday after Thanksgiving last year, all ten stalls were dark. I arrived around 5:15PM. I would have called Tesla, but my phone was messed up for some reason, and I could not make any calls. I tried two stalls just in case. Zip.

Mickey D's was lit up, though.

Report on Plugshare re: Cabazon SC down:

Mike & Rosemarie Feb 22, 2017 5:46 PM
Warning! The Cabazon charger in down. Tesla said it could be 1-2 weeks before they are running. I was able to use the Chademo near the parking garage, glad I bought the adapter!

Would be very interested to know what can bring the whole SC down, not just one pair of stalls, while power is still on to surrounding businesses. No evidence of construction ?

• Informative
Reactions: Owner and apacheguy
3:30 am. Many peoples' idea of a scary time of night, whether it was at an SpC slot, EVGo or anywhere else. Very sorry to hear that happened and sure hope it provides more impetus for Tesla to work with its landlords to provide security cameras &c.

This site is very poorly lit. I have been there a few times close to the hours they were robbed and its very very dark. Plus easy on and off Freeway access there as well for those planning illegal activities

If you Cabazon-users are lucky, it's because that site is going to be upgraded to the New! & Improved! supercharging, whatever that may be.
Thank you for the information. I saw that it was down and asked support about it, as it is critical to my spring trip North. I was afraid it was going to close as they said a team would be on site on the 1st of March for evaluation??? I can't imagine they'd close it down. Upgrading makes much more sense.