Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cache Creek, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just updated their target dates online.
Cache Creek, Quesnel and Williams Lake are penciled in for the 3rd quarter, and Prince George during the 2nd quarter 2021.
08795BCC-8589-4EDD-A722-99B3793CC857.jpeg

They also say Vernon will get one in the 2nd quarter and that’s also when they’re targeting Osoyoos.
Sounds great, we’ll see if it’s late (or how late it will be).

A little update thanks to The Village of Cache Creek. I found out this information today ...

"The Village is working with Tesla to have Superchargers installed, though it is still in the preliminary stages. As of now they are going to be installed near the BC Hydro charger in the Community Hall parking lot."
Absolutely fabulous. Does anyone know what is happening on the Yellowhead Route between Kamloops SC and Edmonton Southgate SC? Would love to do a Yellowhead Drive, but in a SR+ no possible way to do it can't get any info even on L2 chargers on the route.

"The Village is working with Tesla to have Superchargers installed, though it is still in the preliminary stages. As of now they are going to be installed near the BC Hydro charger in the Community Hall parking lot."

I just checked and this appears to be consistent with the data on supercharge.info, but if it needs updating please reply with the details:

upload_2021-1-7_15-17-4.png

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
Absolutely fabulous. Does anyone know what is happening on the Yellowhead Route between Kamloops SC and Edmonton Southgate SC? Would love to do a Yellowhead Drive, but in a SR+ no possible way to do it can't get any info even on L2 chargers on the route.

Tesla’s super charger map shows Q4 of 2021 for locations at Jasper and Edson, nothing on it about locations between Kamloops and Jasper yet, maybe next year for those.

I looked up Blue River (as a tourist would). From this I see that there are two locations each with two L2 chargers. Saddle Mountain Motel and Mike Wiegle Heli Skiing. For L2 charging, we would happily stay at one of them and charge just enough for getting on to Jasper. At 45km per hour or so of charge rate on L2, I would need say 260km on the clock to be comfortable (the distance to Jasper is 212km). This would be around four hours at most, as I would pull in there with about 140km from Kamloops SC where I would go to near 100% and then go. This is the first time, I can see the Yellowhead route working. It will be awesome, no traffic, no mountain passes, lower speed limits, shorter distance. I think we have the plan to avoid the nasty Rogers Pass with the electric car! A good route for FSD in 2022.

I looked up Blue River (as a tourist would). From this I see that there are two locations each with two L2 chargers. Saddle Mountain Motel and Mike Wiegle Heli Skiing. For L2 charging, we would happily stay at one of them and charge just enough for getting on to Jasper. At 45km per hour or so of charge rate on L2, I would need say 260km on the clock to be comfortable (the distance to Jasper is 212km). This would be around four hours at most, as I would pull in there with about 140km from Kamloops SC where I would go to near 100% and then go. This is the first time, I can see the Yellowhead route working. It will be awesome, no traffic, no mountain passes, lower speed limits, shorter distance. I think we have the plan to avoid the nasty Rogers Pass with the electric car! A good route for FSD in 2022.

There are a ton of Chademo sites on that route. Alternate option I suppose.

Are you sure that work is related to Supercharger construction? It just looks like a pole replacement from what I can see in the photo.
good point. i'd road trip up on this long weekend - but one arm of the trip would have to go through mMerrit. because with no supercharger at CC i can't make it from Hope to CC and back. I'd zero out somwhere around Yale. Perhaps I could coast from there...

• Funny
Reactions: Long Ranger