Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Calabasas, CA - Commons Way (LIVE 12 May 2022, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I visited the Westlake, CA Super Charger location to check up on the construction progress ( will post pics / vids in the Westlake / Thousand Oaks forum ) . I spoke with the construction company there and they informed me that they will also be constructing the Calabasas location as well. They have no clue when the job will start and haven't heard anything about it. All I saw in the commons was a beautiful model 3.

Attachments

• IMG_2126.jpg
    IMG_2126.jpg
    581.9 KB · Views: 564
Yesterday I visited the Westlake, CA Super Charger location to check up on the construction progress ( will post pics / vids in the Westlake / Thousand Oaks forum ) . I spoke with the construction company there and they informed me that they will also be constructing the Calabasas location as well. They have no clue when the job will start and haven't heard anything about it. All I saw in the commons was a beautiful model 3.

This is great info. At least we know construction won't start until after Thousand Oaks is completed. That should help people avoid checking the Calabasas location too frequently in the meantime. I'm very eager to see this location completed as my in laws live down the street and I usually have to charge at Torrance on the way home to Orange County.

Just going on the record and saying when I get all giddy about my local supercharger its because once a month or so like a dork I forget to plug in my car. Sometimes it's the day of my 75 mile drive to my mom.

Any local charging will be done early in the morning and with regret :)

Said charger announced. No idea when it will be built but promise to take as many pictures as possible.

• Funny
Reactions: CarlS
Looks like it will be a while for those excited about the Calabasas location. Tesla.com website updated to show end of 2018 target opening.
View attachment 269983

Tesla changed "end of 2017" to "end of 2018" for every single Supercharger location that is not yet opened. All it really means is that they aren't going to start construction, finish installing, test, and open the Calabasas Supercharger before tomorrow. Which we knew already.

As a local, why wouldn't you charge at home? Going to a Supercharger for free electricity vs. charging at home returns you less than minimum wage.

I do charge at home, however I don't always remember to charge and for the once in a blue moon time that I do forget the access to a local Supercharger is great. Coming back from SB/Ventura or LA trips and I'm not sure it will make it back home having a local Supercharger sure will be a nice to have to put my wife and I's minds at ease.

Reactions: rpez021 and gene
Visited the crates yesterday. If I were a betting person, I would venture a guess that the Superchargers would be right near where the crates are now. My reasoning is this; first off, there is an Edison green box adjacent to the crates. Second (and far more plausible) reason is that Tesla notoriously 'hides' the Superchargers. Remember the first time you tried finding either Barstow or San Juan Capistrano??

Reactions: rrosenbl
Visited the crates yesterday. If I were a betting person, I would venture a guess that the Superchargers would be right near where the crates are now. My reasoning is this; first off, there is an Edison green box adjacent to the crates. Second (and far more plausible) reason is that Tesla notoriously 'hides' the Superchargers. Remember the first time you tried finding either Barstow or San Juan Capistrano??

An even more obvious reason, thats where the crates are.

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: rrosenbl and Chuq
An even more obvious reason, thats where the crates are.
Hope not! There is no way to easily get from the back of the stores (where the crates are) to the front. If the Westlake location is any indication, these should be somewhere in the front. There was the fence sitting there a while ago and there are white markings in the parking lot just west of the main entrance off Calabasas Road. Hues time will tell!

I also believe the Super Chargers will be in the back, The power is right there, and the parking spots are taped off now. Also less of a chance of getting iced.

Attachments

• IMG_20180218_092218.jpg
    IMG_20180218_092218.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_20180218_092301.jpg
    IMG_20180218_092301.jpg
    726.3 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_20180218_092230.jpg
    IMG_20180218_092230.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 316
3651471B-DDED-49A0-9AAE-5B32A624BD0B.jpeg 1487DDDC-D244-4196-810D-E3049A0B85E6.jpeg BBC2414F-CACA-4FDE-8B9A-8F6DC2EF9AAF.jpeg 924FAA1C-7723-48CB-B7D1-2C50DBDDA7F0.jpeg FD8EAEB1-7C0F-4972-8021-A2093055A5D0.jpeg

@RodNim

I’m not convinced the SCs will be installed the back, where the equipment is currently being stored. I walked the entire parking lot in front, looking for evidence of future construction. There is a lot of construction activity, but it’s all related to reworking curbs.

However, I did notice painted markings in the lot, and on the sidewalk and street that may provide a hint as to the SC locations. The these markings are on a row just south of Calabasas Rd. and just west of the main enterance.

The white paint leads from the sidewalk to what looks like 10 SC parking spaces, each one wider the current spacing. Out on Calabasas Rd., there is a red SCE marking.

I hope you can see them in my photos.

View attachment 282631 View attachment 282632 View attachment 282633 View attachment 282634 View attachment 282637

@RodNim

I’m not convinced the SCs will be installed the back, where the equipment is currently being stored. I walked the entire parking lot in front, looking for evidence of future construction. There is a lot of construction activity, but it’s all related to reworking curbs.

However, I did notice painted markings in the lot, and on the sidewalk and street that may provide a hint as to the SC locations. The these markings are on a row just south of Calabasas Rd. and just west of the main enterance.

The white paint leads from the sidewalk to what looks like 10 SC parking spaces, each one wider the current spacing. Out on Calabasas Rd., there is a red SCE marking.

I hope you can see them in my photos.

madsigh, can you point to where those stalls were marked up on a Google map? I can't quite tell where the Supercharger will be. Was there an adjacent spot for the equipment cabinet?

I drove by today and noticed the white markings @madsigh already identified. I counted the stalls within those white markings and saw 24 (2+2+10+10)...the first picture is a Google satellite image with red dashed lines indicating the 24 stalls that appear to be marked by the dashed white lines in the photos. I've also indicated in red the places I took the other 5* images from; I was always facing toward the red box in one way or another.

Calabasas Commons Satellite Image.jpg toga1.jpg toga2.jpg toga4.jpg toga5.jpg

I also went around back and saw the same boxes previously photographed, but one was open when I got there! In the cardboard boxes, I did get a couple pictures of the supercharger units: they are the "urban" type, which is interesting, because that's what's being installed at The Oaks mall, too. My 3 y/o and I only counted 11 boxes--consistent with earlier pictures--so we are either counting-imparied or there is a box remaining to be delivered at a later date. There were 12 of the big wood crates, which is what makes me think that there are supposed to be a total of 24 superchargers on site.

IMG_0240.jpg IMG_0239.jpg IMG_0241.jpg

*I'm having trouble with image #3, so I'll try to do that in a subsequent post.

I was there today also, so you scooped me with the open box photo! I will make a prediction about this place. The Calabasas Commons is full of rock stars, movie stars and producers. They won't allow the place to be dug up for months like Thousand Oaks. My guess is this is being planned with heart transplant precision. I predict that it will be fully operational 30 days from the first shovel of dirt. That includes a very cooperative LADWP.