Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Calallen, Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

Tesla just updated it's SuperCharger map to show an additional "Coming Soon" SuperCharger in South Texas. As you can see from this:

The 2 grey locations South of San Antonio are coming soon. The top one is the new Three Rivers site which is totally built but not quite yet on-line. The lower one will likely be in Calallen, Robstown or somewhere close to Corpus. When the Three Rivers site showed up (about a month ago) on the Tesla map as coming soon we discovered that it was almost completely constructed. So, it's likely the new site is also well under construction! We should find it!!

Happy Charging Everyone!

Reactions: Beryl and benjiejr
This is just a cartography-based guess...
Portland TX is at the closest longitude to the pictured Coming Soon pin (which lines up with pins for Perry OK and Wichita KS). On 181/35 there's a shopping center with an IHOP and Wal-Mart, and across the highway there are various hotels.
73 miles from the Victoria TX SC and ~80 miles from Three Rivers.

Last edited:
Looking closer at the map, the pin's north of 37.
View attachment 195392

Based on the pin position in relation to the bays, that's Sinton.
View attachment 195393

Sinton seems unlikely. Are you assuming the location is actually located where the pin is? Look at all the other pins (like Sweetwater and Cisco) -- the pin floats well above the actual location of the Supercharger. You have to assume the location is much further south than the actual pin, in most cases.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Sinton seems unlikely. Are you assuming the location is actually located where the pin is? Look at all the other pins (like Sweetwater and Cisco) -- the pin floats well above the actual location of the Supercharger. You have to assume the location is much further south than the actual pin, in most cases.

You can see he Three Rivers pin in my capture, it's directly on 37, though possibly north of the actual location. 37 travels in the same direction in that area, so I'd expect a pin for Calallen to "be off" the same way. Perhaps it's pointing at Odem.

You can see he Three Rivers pin in my capture, it's directly on 37, though possibly north of the actual location. 37 travels in the same direction in that area, so I'd expect a pin for Calallen to "be off" the same way. Perhaps it's pointing at Odem.

My money is on Calallen, near the intersection of I37 and 77/I69. That's the only place that makes sense.

The coming soon dots are a general vicinity. There not that accurate as to identify a specific location.

This is great news, This spot gets me to Brownsville from south of Houston. I may still stop an hour at the Dunkin Doughnuts in McAllen or even longer at that car wash in Brownsville but this SC will get me down there in under 8 hours. :)

One more in Harlingen would be even better.

I agree with this location as well. Now that Three Rivers is open, anyone want to take a road trip and do some reconn? :)

We did go! But found no signs of construction, other than lots of road construction around the two hotels with Destination Chargers ar I-37 and Navigation Blvd. So much so that I wouldn't drive my month-old MS through the plowed-up loose gravel to get into the parking lot to check those out, although they are a little further south than I would expect the Supercharger to be.

We looked primarily between those hotels and the intersection with I-37 with US 77 running north. There really isn't much there in the way of possible locations. The two that stood out to me is the Holiday Inn Express on US 77 (I-69) running south, and a shopping center parking lot near a Whataburger on the opposite side of the highway.

The HI Express does not have a big lot, but there is a section that looks pretty unused adjacent to Brookhaven Dr.
upload_2016-10-15_21-44-2.png

The section of the Shopping Center at the intersection with Northwest Blvd across the highway also looks unused, right on the access road. It is close to the Whataburger and other stores in the center.
upload_2016-10-15_21-48-38.png

Obviously, there are other locations, these are just two that seem to fit the usual pattern. Or it could be somewhere completely different.

We did go! But found no signs of construction, other than lots of road construction around the two hotels with Destination Chargers ar I-37 and Navigation Blvd. So much so that I wouldn't drive my month-old MS through the plowed-up loose gravel to get into the parking lot to check those out, although they are a little further south than I would expect the Supercharger to be.

We looked primarily between those hotels and the intersection with I-37 with US 77 running north. There really isn't much there in the way of possible locations. The two that stood out to me is the Holiday Inn Express on US 77 (I-69) running south, and a shopping center parking lot near a Whataburger on the opposite side of the highway.

The HI Express does not have a big lot, but there is a section that looks pretty unused adjacent to Brookhaven Dr.
View attachment 198787

The section of the Shopping Center at the intersection with Northwest Blvd across the highway also looks unused, right on the access road. It is close to the Whataburger and other stores in the center.
View attachment 198790

Obviously, there are other locations, these are just two that seem to fit the usual pattern. Or it could be somewhere completely different.

Thanks for giving it a great try BerTX!! I guess it's possible that it's not yet under construction but for the last few months it has seemed like "Coming Soon" means under construction. I hope we just haven't found it yet.

We're almost a month since they added it to the Coming Soon map so it's possible that it could go live soon. I guess that's when we'll learn where it went!!

Thanks again!

Thanks for giving it a great try BerTX!! I guess it's possible that it's not yet under construction but for the last few months it has seemed like "Coming Soon" means under construction. I hope we just haven't found it yet.

We're almost a month since they added it to the Coming Soon map so it's possible that it could go live soon. I guess that's when we'll learn where it went!!

Thanks again!

It is a surprisingly sparse area as far as development is concerned. Mostly industrial or just empty spaces.

The Three Rivers Supercharger is nice, a Subway and McD in the Truckstop. I then went to the La Palmera Mall for a couple of hours of charging at the (somewhat weak) destination charger there (was meeting a friend for lunch), then went to the Victoria Supercharger. It's in a La Quinta, and there is a convenience store across the street. Spent the night visiting my brother in Goliad, then back home.

Last edited:
Reactions: HillCountryFun