Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cambridge, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like construction began last weekend by the Sheetz in Cambridge, OH
FullSizeRender.jpg-2.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpg-3.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Well, I don't see anything Tesla-specific in those pictures, although it is suspiciously Supercharger-sized so ...

Cambridge, OH

Interstates: I-70, I-77
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-22, US-40

I-70:
To: Triadelphia, WV - 57.8 miles
Diversion: 1.2 miles
To: Somerset, PA - 155 miles

I-77:
To: End (I-90 at Cleveland, OH) - 121 miles
Diversion: 4 miles

To: Macedonia, OH (I-77,OH-8,OH-82) - 103 miles
To: Triadelphia, WV (I-70,I-470,I-70,local) - 57.8 miles
To: Charleston, WV (I-77,I-64) - 133 miles
To: Grove City, OH (I-70,I-270,I-71) - 84.9 miles
To: Lima, OH (I-70,I-270,US-33,OH-117) - 168 miles
To: Mt. Gilead, OH (I-70,OH-146,OH-586,OH-13,OH-95) - 83.9 miles

Together with Charleston, WV it "completes" I-77, reducing the largest gap 133 miles.
Splits the 2nd biggest I-70 gap: Grove City, OH to Triadelphia, WV is 141 miles. (Largest is the 142 miles from Goodland, KS to Hays, KS and Tesla's Find Us map shows Colby, KS for 2017.)
Also, for those traveling along I-70, Grove City, OH is a significant diversion. At 150 miles from Dayton, OH, Cambridge, OH will allow Grove City, OH to be regularly skipped. For anyone then heading further east, it'll be 155 miles from Cambridge, OH to Somerset, PA, allowing a skip of Triadelphia, WV.

An important hole-filler for both its Interstates.

Reactions: supratachophobia
Thanks for unlurking and posting! Nothing Tesla-specific there yet, but that conduit fits with the common slab of distribution cabinet + Supercharger cabinets.

Lots of water in that hole they dug. Lots of rain in the area?

With Charleston, WV unofficially open, Cambridge, OH is now needed to complete I-77.

I stopped by the construction site on my way back from Marietta today. Still nothing Tesla specific, but it looks an awful lot like a Supercharger site. I drive through here at least once a week for work. If I have a chance, I'll stop and check it out then.