Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cambridge, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1428.JPG

Work is still ongoing.

I wonder if you will be able to access the chargers from either side from the looks of it? I know the farther side is slightly lower than the topside, so maybe not long enough cables. Dual sided access can always help in cases of ICEing

Looking forward to this being done. It will make trips from NE Ohio to the Wilds much easier. Without this you have to come I-71 at least one of the ways to charge at Mt Gilead. It's scenic but adds a lot to the drive.

Yes. Two weeks ago I had to do the Mt. Gilead workaround when in transit from Lake County OH to FL. This will save us an hour on our future trips to NC.

I don't think so. It's a pretty good drop. I will try to get a picture of the other side next time I can stop. Since I don't have a Tesla yet, I've never used a supercharger. I'm not sure how long the cables are.
They are pretty short and pretty thick. I don't supercharge often and as a result it seems to almost always require me repositioning so the cable will reach. I haven't measured before but I think you'd be hard pressed to be more than a foot or two from the charger.

• Funny
Reactions: GSP
The pedestals are complete.
Also needed:
- power
- transformer
- meter
- distribution
- Supercharger cabinets

The cabinets are behind me in the picture of the 8 pedestals. In prior pictures they were exposed and electricians were working on them. They put a fence around the cabinets and I didn't think to take a picture. Also, there is a Sheetz station here. Once when I drove by, I saw electricians wiring into the existing power box. There is a meter already next to that box.

Reactions: 1101011
Long story ... I was a passenger on trip.
We just happened to stop in Cambridge Ohio for "Bathroom Break"
I'm not sure if my "driver" knew about these Tesla Superchargers.
We took care of business. Shot a picture yesterday. See attached.
I didn't have the Tesla so couldn't charge, but they look good!
Maybe someone will stop in and see if they can charge and post.
PS: Driver driving hybrid.

Attachments

• IMG_6702.JPG
    IMG_6702.JPG
    455.5 KB · Views: 64
Long story ... I was a passenger on trip.
We just happened to stop in Cambridge Ohio for "Bathroom Break"
I'm not sure if my "driver" knew about these Tesla Superchargers.
We took care of business. Shot a picture yesterday. See attached.
I didn't have the Tesla so couldn't charge, but they look good!
Maybe someone will stop in and see if they can charge and post.
PS: Driver driving hybrid.

I thought someone would have tried to charge by now.
No Tesla owners near this Supercharger?