Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cambridge, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm driving from northern Ohio to North Carolina on August 4th, 9 days away. This charger will make or break the decision to bring the Tesla. Please oh please be ready in time! I really appreciate all of you who are there continuing to check and report!

I just passed through Cambridge and believe this site may be up and running. I had to make a day trip from Dublin to SE Ohio and couldn't take the Tesla without this Supercharger, so I wasn't able to test the charger. However, the stalls are labeled and the power meter reads 1 KW. It is a sunny day, so I couldn't tell for sure whether or not the Tesla lights on the top were on, but I shaded one stall, and the lights appear to be on. I wouldn't yet rely on this one as operational, but if anyone is in the area with a Tesla, please swing by to see if you can charge.

It is listed as active by both Tesla's website and supercharge info. Isn't that pretty much all we need here?

It's also listed on PlugShare but having it show up on the car's Nav is a sure sign it is working. I'll be heading past here tomorrow evening and can confirm.

upload_2017-7-27_9-22-9.png

Charged at this station today on my way to Indy. I didn't know about this stop until another driver mentioned it at the Tridelphia, WV Supercharger. When I saw it on the map on the car's nav I had to stop in to try it out.

jcadman, you beat me to the punch... but I got the first PlugShare check-in!

We are on our way to Indy as well so if you're heading to the Midwest Gathering then we'll see you there.

I was going to confirm this location is alive but don't need to now.

Also, I confirmed that the charging cable won't reach a car that is parked below the chargers as one of the other cars tried this but it wasn't even close.

IMG_20170728_170147-1040x780.jpg
IMG_20170728_170408-1040x780.jpg
IMG_20170728_170515-1040x780.jpg
IMG_20170728_172051-1040x780.jpg

Last edited:
I sent a request to Google Maps to add the supercharger as a location.

I checked Google maps to see if this supercharger had been added ... and it is listed as an "EV Charging Station" icon rather than a "Gas Station" icon. When adding a new location on Google Maps there are very limited selections so I tried to clarify it as best as possible although Falls Creek, PA and Breezewood, PA both have a supercharger listed as a Gas pump but at least they are on the map.

It's nice to see that some location-specific photos have been added to the Google map location. Keep up the good work!

Google map_Cambridge supercharger.jpg

Charged at this station today on my way to Indy. I didn't know about this stop until another driver mentioned it at the Tridelphia, WV Supercharger. When I saw it on the map on the car's nav I had to stop in to try it out.

I saw your car at the Midwest Gathering at Indy when everyone was at the Service Center for the rally drive. I had fun looking at all of the puns for vanity plates.

Tesla Midwest Gathering 2017-07-29_DRK NRG.jpg

Reactions: milleron
I and my family have charged here 5 times in the last 6 months. We've never seen another Tesla charging, had it completely to ourselves every time, but the app often shows 5 of 8 stalls occupied. Beware that usage reporting at this charger can be erroneous.
This just means two of the cabinets are not "communicating" properly with HQ, so 4 of the stalls will always show as occupied even when they are not.