Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cambridge, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Google Brampton elevation"

Brings up a map with elevation wherever you pin the map. Have at it.

Also, Waterloo is not Cambridge and YYZ is not in Brampton.

Topographic map Brampton

800 feet elevation in the heart of town, gets up to 900 feet in the northern part of Brampton, 700 in the southern tip near Mississauga.

I see you tried to post the link, but your original post is truncated at that point for me. Does it display in your browser?

I thought in this case we were talking about height to the concord supercharger, not to anywhere in Brampton. To my surprise (based on teslafi) the supercharger is almost 47m higher elevation than YYZ. [Edit: now that I can click the link from your post, it would say 49m between those two locations, which I think is sufficient to consider the map and teslafi to be in agreement.]

On average, Waterloo and Cambridge have the same elevation according to Google. The data are most interesting from SC site to SC site as those are the drives we'll actually be doing.

I see you tried to post the link, but your original post is truncated at that point for me. Does it display in your browser?

I thought in this case we were talking about height to the concord supercharger, not to anywhere in Brampton. To my surprise (based on teslafi) the supercharger is almost 47m higher elevation than YYZ. [Edit: now that I can click the link from your post, it would say 49m between those two locations, which I think is sufficient to consider the map and teslafi to be in agreement.]

On average, Waterloo and Cambridge have the same elevation according to Google. The data are most interesting from SC site to SC site as those are the drives we'll actually be doing.
The original conversation was just Brampton to Cambridge. Nothing to do with concord. You came in half way. Have a look at the posts.

The original conversation was just Brampton to Cambridge. Nothing to do with concord. You came in half way. Have a look at the posts.

Not sure why we're nitpicking about the locations, but the original discussion was wallstguy@ trying to figure out if he could round trip queen st & gore <--> fork & cork, and cambridge/brampton only entered the equation because mknox@ was trying to add in his experience of the trip generally. Since Concord is the SC which is the subject of this thread, and is among the few places for the OP to try to go from KW in order to make it back to downtown, it seems reasonable to me to focus on that destination given the conversation. If getting from KW to Toronto on 157km of range, when he consumed 430Wh/km on the way there doesn't involve one of charging or gasoline, I'd like to use your method of travel :)

Making it from the Fork & Cork to the Concord SC on 157km of range is possible but risky in down to -15C temps. I have done it @ 330Wh/km outside temp -16C, inside temp 22C, which would amount to 151km of rated range, which is too close for comfort starting @ 157km, even for me.

Sorry if I offended you by asking where you were measuring from/to, or by involving locations that make sense to me and might be useful to other drivers like the OP.

Not sure why we're nitpicking about the locations, but the original discussion was wallstguy@ trying to figure out if he could round trip queen st & gore <--> fork & cork, and cambridge/brampton only entered the equation because mknox@ was trying to add in his experience of the trip generally. Since Concord is the SC which is the subject of this thread, and is among the few places for the OP to try to go from KW in order to make it back to downtown, it seems reasonable to me to focus on that destination given the conversation. If getting from KW to Toronto on 157km of range, when he consumed 430Wh/km on the way there doesn't involve one of charging or gasoline, I'd like to use your method of travel :)

Making it from the Fork & Cork to the Concord SC on 157km of range is possible but risky in down to -15C temps. I have done it @ 330Wh/km outside temp -16C, inside temp 22C, which would amount to 151km of rated range, which is too close for comfort starting @ 157km, even for me.

Sorry if I offended you by asking where you were measuring from/to, or by involving locations that make sense to me and might be useful to other drivers like the OP.
lol no offense.

I was just saying I made a comment to Mknox about his old drive and he replied and then you jumped in the middle of that conversation, questioning what I was posting and why i was posting it.

lol no offense.

I was just saying I made a comment to Mknox about his old drive and he replied and then you jumped in the middle of that conversation, questioning what I was posting and why i was posting it.

No worries, everyone. I worked in Cambridge and live in Brampton and did that commute in a Chevy Volt and Tesla Model S for about 3 years. I noticed that with great consistency I used more energy on the Brampton to Cambridge run than on the trip home. My assumption was an elevation change at the Niagara Escarpment (roughly Milton along the 401) and assumed that was it. Others have speculated that prevailing winds run in my favor on the trip home as well. It was not a huge difference, but enough to be noticeable.

Wiring today/this week!
Still no transformer on the other side of the road though.

Attachments

• IMG_5568.jpeg
    IMG_5568.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Disagree
Reactions: SmartElectric
88EB21A4-F18E-47C4-9224-C1B7C2417617.jpeg
I dropped by today and fondly bump into this beauty, not knowing the exact location.

My kids are well trained. I wasn’t planning to dropped by, but one of the kids said that she had to go washroom, and the other was hungry. Just thought the Walmart is a good location...and on the turn to it. BUMP!!

They are still not working, but fence is out, and hose can be accessed. On plugging in no juice comes out. :(

Awesome location...

View attachment 274265 I dropped by today and fondly bump into this beauty, not knowing the exact location.

My kids are well trained. I wasn’t planning to dropped by, but one of the kids said that she had to go washroom, and the other was hungry. Just thought the Walmart is a good location...and on the turn to it. BUMP!!

They are still not working, but fence is out, and hose can be accessed. On plugging in no juice comes out. :(

Awesome location...
It looks lie you are parking at an angle and thus potentially blocking other Tesla owners from charging! LOL!

Maybe they aren't active yet because the parking lot isn't entirely paved yet. I saw photo just now and it would seem to make sense. Maybe it's been painted brown but we may only know if someone licks the floor.