Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Canmore, AB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
130587688_10221723878698949_8511986801129185258_o.jpg Looks like there is a new v3 Supercharger being built in Canmore AB. original poster says it should be done next week.

Well, well. So Canmore's getting a Supercharger. Now isn't that just grand! Should open some time next year......

In honor of that, and with the profoundest apologies to the late, great Stan Rogers, here is a little fantasy. Don't shoot me - I'm just the piano tuner.

Now I've been twistin' broncos

Now I've been charging Teslas
Ever since I hit the trail
And I think I know a cayuse
You can always tell a Cayenne
From his nostrils to his tail
By emanations from its tail

It was down by the old Bow River
It was down by the old Bow River
In the year nineteen and one
In 2021
That I was twistin' broncos
That I was dissin' Broncos
For F A McHugh and Sons
At Cam Clark Ford & Sons

There they had a buckskin nag
The Supercharger had a Roadster
Not worth two bits to keep
Like one you've never seen
He had a black strip down his back
It had a speedo in its dash
And wool just like a sheep
Went to eleven-teen

He wasn't much for saddles
It was the Plaid Edition
And it damn near killed the boss
'Twould kill a Chiron dead
To have to pay ten dollars
And nary a Ferrari's
Just to bust that two bit hoss
Horse would raise its head

When I climbed upon him
When I sat within it
He just naturally took to the air
It so naturally took to the air
That every time we went aloft
That every time we went aloft
He tried to leave me there
I said a little prayer

Until at last we went so high
Until at last we went so high
The light between us shone
The lights on Mars bright shone
And there we parted company
And there we parted company
And he came down alone
And it came back alone

Now I've been twistin' broncos
I live now as a Martian
And in good company
And I think I know a cayuse
I drive a Tesla Cybertruck
From his nostrils to his tail
I think you will agree

But I'll sell my chaps and saddle
That life on Mars suits me just fine
Set my long shank spurs to rust
And when my time is done
For now and then you'll find a hoss
I'll fondly think of Canmore
Yours truly cannot bust
In 2021

Yes I'll sell my chaps and saddle
Yes life on Mars suits me quite fine
Set my long shank spurs to rust
And when my time is done
For now and then you'll find a hoss
I'll fondly think of Canmore
Yours truly cannot bust
In 2021.

Last edited:
If only they'd put one at Lake Louise and do the one promised in Jasper, it might be possible to do the Parkway without too much concern.
Just poking around on google streetview I can't see any signs of electrical infrastructure on the parkway, so I wonder if 'The Crossing' and the Columbia icefield are off grid? If so, not the best place to be running around with an EV.

Just poking around on google streetview I can't see any signs of electrical infrastructure on the parkway, so I wonder if 'The Crossing' and the Columbia icefield are off grid? If so, not the best place to be running around with an EV.

Correct, both those are off grid and electrical power for those sites are provided by on site power generation (mostly diesel generators).

The Big Dig-Out: Opening up the Columbia Icefield

The Crossing Resort's Green Initiative | Reducing the carbon footprint of The Crossing Resort

All the more reason to put fast charging in Lake Louise and Jasper - it's 233 km between the two, so well within the range of possibility. And the Crossing provides a (diesel powered) backup...

Reactions: scottf200
If only they'd put one at Lake Louise and do the one promised in Jasper, it might be possible to do the Parkway without too much concern.

Regarding Lake Louise, it is unlikely to have Level 3 charging in the near future.

There is document online from September 2019 outlining the Lake Louise Electrical Energy Infrastructure & Conservation Plan.
Lake Louise has about 2600 kW capacity available at peak times (December-January) before more infrastructure is required, but in the long range plan they are expecting to use that extra capacity already.
This plan already includes Green Initiatives (section 6.4) which includes EV charging and states that Level 2 charging is preferred, with this plan budgeting 100 kVA for 5 Level 2 chargers.
https://lrp.skilouise.com/7967/widgets/30001/documents/15128

Regarding Jasper, Tesla's proposal depends on approval from Natural Resources Canada.
Their decision regarding this is imminent, as their plan was to have funding decisions by October or November 2020 (one page's banner shows October, another page's banner shows November).

Check these pages for news on the 2020 approvals (Phase 3?) when they have the decision.

Electric Vehicle and Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Deployment Initiative

Electric Vehicle and Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Deployment Initiative - News and FAQs

I did the parkway in Sept in Model Y. Speed limit is 90 so range tracks very well. I topped up to 95% in Canmore and arrived at Jasper with 38% . Parks Canada has (free) high power level 2 in Japer near the steam locomotive exhibit, i was at 85% in 4 hours. Parks Canada recently opened (free) high power level 2 in Lake Louise plaza so this trip is very doable

I did the parkway in Sept in Model Y. Speed limit is 90 so range tracks very well. I topped up to 95% in Canmore and arrived at Jasper with 38% . Parks Canada has (free) high power level 2 in Japer near the steam locomotive exhibit, i was at 85% in 4 hours. Parks Canada recently opened (free) high power level 2 in Lake Louise plaza so this trip is very doable

Interesting. Thanks for the update. I wonder how long before the Edson ChaDEMO charger is also up and running...