Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cann River, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post from me, Hi All :)
I swung into a servo at the top of Traralgon to fill up my dino juice outlander and there was a rather interesting truck sat next to me.
I had to ask the guys what they were up to and where they are going...
Well it turns out it is the 3 stall Cann River supercharger, or at least it will be when it rocks up this afternoon and gets bodged together :)
Hope she's up and running real soon.
I'd post the pic i got of it but I cant suss out how to post it here :rolleyes:

signal-2022-11-07-105659_002.jpeg

Traralgon yesterday, likely Cann River today

So, does that mean Chargefox have only installed one station at Cann River and Tesla are installing 3 stations on the other 3 slabs in Ward st?
I understand the Tesla superchargers being government funded will be available to all EV owners not just Tesla owners.
Assuming these fall into that bracket, this deployment may be the first of many at Cann River.
Definitely the best company to be doing this, they move fast, monitor everything and have the highest reliability by a country mile.
I'm tempted to buy shares ;)

View attachment 872329
Traralgon yesterday, likely Cann River today
find myself a little disapointed in this picture now...
just to the right of the image is the Loy-Yang brown coal power plant, the clouds you see are from the cooling towers.
This picture would have been so much better having it and the tech that's going to shut that polluting monstrosity down for good in the foreground.
hindsight huh?

I understand the Tesla superchargers being government funded will be available to all EV owners not just Tesla owners.
Assuming these fall into that bracket, this deployment may be the first of many at Cann River.
The Evie unit has received some combination of Federal LRCI or Vic state government CTR funding.

But don't believe the Tesla units have anything attached (the only grant Tesla has received is in the recently announced NSW program).
However Elon has basically said they will open up most of their chargers globally anyway, and have begun doing that in Europe.

Still haunted by the Chargefox chargers in Cooma though, sitting there for nearly a year before power was connected.

Similar thing happened to Chargefox Karuah. They were installed and sitting there for about 9 months, firstly due to bushfires at the end of 2019 delaying Ausgrid connection, then Covid. It finally opened in June 2020.