Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cann River, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another new find for today!

Information is very limited - just this page on the East Gippsland Shire Council website:

I scoured their Facebook post history as well as search Google's news archive and couldn't find any more detail.

But by talking about leasing space, it's definitely a supercharger.

(It's 305 km from Moe, so also gives a strong hint that the Bairnsdale location is still planned. Bairnsdale is also in the East Gippsland Shire region so we can guess they aren't - at least not yet - looking at council owned land there.)

Last edited:
I Followed up a recent public notice re EV charging sites in Cann River, Victoria by East Gippsland Shire council.
I’ve just been in contact the council and they told me the Superchargers are about to be installed in the Ward street area of Cann River, near the amenities and various eateries. This means that the run from Bairnsdale to Bega will be so much simpler in the near future. I also learned that over the next few months there are more chargers (50kWh) going in at Lakes Entrance, Omeo and Orbost, plus SC’s at Bairnsdale at McDonald’s.”

I also learned that over the next few months there are more chargers (50kWh) going in at Lakes Entrance, Omeo and Orbost, plus SC’s at Bairnsdale at McDonald’s.”

"Stage one is funded by the Australian Government’s Local Roads and Community Infrastructure (LRCI) Program and will see a 50kW fast charger installed in the following towns:

• Bairnsdale: 101-121 Nicholson Street

• Omeo: Tongio Road parallel carpark opposite the Council depot

• Orbost: 5 Wolseley Street carpark

• Cann River: Ward Street park"

I’ve just been in contact the council and they told me the Superchargers are about to be installed in the Ward street area of Cann River, near the amenities and various eateries.
Good to hear this!
I drove down Ward St on the 2nd June and there was no activity at all.
It is a very good location in relation to facilities and eateries.

Great investigative work @Magicalset!

I wonder if this small collection of parking spaces immediately adjacent to a pole mounted transformer is the place they are looking at ...

Great gossip on the Bairnsdale site too. I'll go looking for more detail that can be used to confirm.

Great investigative work @Magicalset!

I wonder if this small collection of parking spaces immediately adjacent to a pole mounted transformer is the place they are looking at ...

Great gossip on the Bairnsdale site too. I'll go looking for more detail that can be used to confirm.
Good work on the location…. Keep us up to date with any news please!

Per the Princess Hwy thread

I spoke with East Gippsland Shire today, and although there has been a hold up recently, the Tesla superchargers in Cann River are about to become reality. They’ll be started in a couple of weeks, and should be completed in October. They’ve got to boost up the infrastructure there to allow for the V2 SC’s.

Good news but we will wait and see on the timeline.

Reactions: Chuq
Per the Princess Hwy thread

Good news but we will wait and see on the timeline.
Interesting, I was going to post about this implying that Bairnsdale also can’t be that far away (Tesla rarely build isolated chargers along a route). But It’s 308 km from Moe and 237 km from Narooma, so even a M3 RWD (carefully driven, in good weather) should be capable of this route.

Reactions: Vostok
8d8ea1351ab3e1bb8d5f167348313594_Cann_River_Ward_St_options.jpg

Presumably the three private spaces here are the location for the Tesla Superchargers.

Yes, you can see the red markings (as per the legend) by each space.
For more context,
> External electric vehicle charging providers, including Tesla, will also be augmenting the network in the coming months.
Implying multiple providers might be adding to Cann River. So could be someone else, but given the 3 spaces as this Supercharger site is I am presuming it will be Tesla. Other provider(s) likely Evie.