Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cape Girardeau, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cape Girardeau, MO

Along Primary Interstates: I-55
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-61
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-55

To: Mehlville, MO - 98.8 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: Collinsville, IL - 121.5 miles

US-61

To: Mehlville, MO - 109.4 miles
Diversion: 0 miles
To: Brentwood, MO - 124.4 miles

To: Mount Vernon, IL (I-55, MO-74, IL-146, I-57) - 105 miles
To: Kuttawa, KY (I-55, MO-74, IL-3, US-51, KY-121, KY-286, I-24, US-62) - 106.8 miles
To: Dickson, TN (I-55, MO-74, IL-3, US-51, US-45E, TN-22( - 214.2 miles
To: Rolla, MO (I-55, US-67, MO-110, MO-21, MO-H, MO-A, MO-185, I-44) - 169.9 miles
To: Jefferson City, MO (I-55, MO-M, MO-109, I-44, US-50) - 209.7 miles

Helping to fill in I-55, splits the 131.5 mile gap between Miner, MO and Mehlville, MO.

Reactions: Sunray
Location as indicated by the Google Maps link above is accurate. This Wink's convenience store is a relatively new Phillips 66 located in the NE quadrant of the I-55 and US 61 interchange at Exit 99. The parking lot is a decent size and the most likely location for the chargers is directly adjacent to the pin's location (plenty of room between the gas pumps and edge of the parking lot. There is landscaping on either side so I expect it will be in the center of the "southeast" side of the parking lot.

Other than the Winks store, there are no other food/facilities within two miles (outside of the Cape Sports Plex just north on Veterans Memorial Drive). I do not know if Winks is a 24-hour store.

Note the I-55/US 61 interchange is currently undergoing a transformation from a diamond configuration to a diverging diamond. Expected to be substantially complete by this winter but some work may linger into next Spring.

I'll try to stop by and take pics when construction starts.

Joe

Last edited:
I'm tracking this one closely as I think it will solve my conundrum of spending a weekend in the Southern IL wine trail. Coming from Chicago so I would want to have enough range to arrive and do the wine trail and state park stops, and make it back here before heading north again. Still waiting on my M3 SR+!.

Reactions: Sunray
Stopped by Winks tonight for a cold one and noted they have blocked off the area that will almost certainly be the Supercharger site. It is directly north of the convenience store, between the two entrances (not where I thought it would be initially). Easy access to the interstate and the interchange project is complete.

Joe

31B8C063-1A8F-4077-9D94-5940DC58C3BC.jpeg

It is directly north of the convenience store, between the two entrances (not where I thought it would be initially).

@Chuq @corywright @MarcoRP @tes-s Please update the location of this site to 37.348729, -89.598272.

Just noticed the park right there. That's going to be a great location to get a walk in while charging!
The area doesn't look very walkable in Google Street View, but perhaps it changed since the photos were taken.

So excited for my visits to family in Jackson
I live in San Diego and am planning a trip to Jackson in March or April. I do hope the Supercharger is working in Late March. I do remember that when they were working on the Supercharger near my home it was not completed at the time Tesla had said it would be. The Supercharger in Cape was supposed to be opened about a year ago. Maybe Covid is slowing things down.