Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cape May, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taimao, Taiwan Superchargers from construction to grand opening in 7 days. How is that for contrast.
Again, with this nonsense? What, do you just fundamentally not understand how crowd-sourced information works? The date that Supercharge.info first posts that a site is in construction IS NOT the actual start date for construction unless a specific site is being very closely monitored. Or maybe by coincidence. SC.info doesn't have access to Tesla's files laying out all locations under development. Nor do they know all locations in active construction. They only know what the public voluntarily reports to them. They add newly open locations all the time without them ever having been listed as being in construction. In fact, with the exception of sites in Australia and New Zealand, basically every supercharger in Asia-Pacific was listed this way.

Go back to the "changes" page on SC.info and from the drop-down menus at the top choose Asia-Pacific and Taiwan. They show 13 superchargers open in Taiwan. How many of them were ever listed as being in construction? Two. Do you actually think the other 11 locations popped into fully operational existence without ever having been under construction? No. It's just that they were reported when they were already open.

Again, with this nonsense? What, do you just fundamentally not understand how crowd-sourced information works? The date that Supercharge.info first posts that a site is in construction IS NOT the actual start date for construction unless a specific site is being very closely monitored. Or maybe by coincidence. SC.info doesn't have access to Tesla's files laying out all locations under development. Nor do they know all locations in active construction. They only know what the public voluntarily reports to them. They add newly open locations all the time without them ever having been listed as being in construction. In fact, with the exception of sites in Australia and New Zealand, basically every supercharger in Asia-Pacific was listed this way.

Go back to the "changes" page on SC.info and from the drop-down menus at the top choose Asia-Pacific and Taiwan. They show 13 superchargers open in Taiwan. How many of them were ever listed as being in construction? Two. Do you actually think the other 11 locations popped into fully operational existence without ever having been under construction? No. It's just that they were reported when they were already open.
Thank you for your detailed analysis. My point still valid. If you want to get a taste of how fast Taiwan and China’s super fast construction culture, look at the G3 construction currently going on in Shanghai. I visited an electronic company in Taiwan many years ago, they needed an ic chip to fix a demo board, the tech guy hop on a motorcycle and returned in ten minuets. The demo went on without further delay. How is that for saving the day?

Too bad this is not operational, charging down in Cape May is scarce. I drove by three signs into Congress Hall this weekend that said for guests only to get a charge at one of their two 240 V spots. It appears those spots are designated for Valet Parking. Someone from the Valet service said they won't tow you and would probably just leave a note on the car. We went to dinner, came back and had no trouble there. However, when we were checking out the Acme location, there was already another interested party there.
SC3.jpg

Here Is the situation, the meter cabinet inspection FAILED on 5/31. The failure is due to improperly grounding in the meter cabinet. The contractor has not done any corrective action since. Atlantic Electric is verifying the grounding issue this week. The underground crew can not terminate the transformer cabinet until the meter is in. Where are we at this point? The contractor need to confirm the result of inspection is due to their fault which they have not taken any action as of today.
P.S. I don’t want to be too specific to get anyone in trouble.

Reactions: Cdates
Here Is the situation, the meter cabinet inspection FAILED on 5/31. The failure is due to improperly grounding in the meter cabinet. The contractor has not done any corrective action since. Atlantic Electric is verifying the grounding issue this week. The underground crew can not terminate the transformer cabinet until the meter is in. Where are we at this point? The contractor need to confirm the result of inspection is due to their fault which they have not taken any action as of today.
Well people should be in trouble!

Failed on 5/31?! Oh boy! Hope I’m wrong but I feel like we are in for a long wait.

Thanks for the inside info!

Ending up paying close to $50 to charge at the ChargePoint charger at my hotel. Been charging between 6 and 12 miles an hour depending on whether someone else is charging. Already one big fight with my wife over her range anxiety. None of this would be happening if this SC was open. Coming back down for a week in mid-August. Hope it’s open by then. With my luck it will open in November when no one is around.

Reactions: geowhjr
Ending up paying close to $50 to charge at the ChargePoint charger at my hotel. Been charging between 6 and 12 miles an hour depending on whether someone else is charging. Already one big fight with my wife over her range anxiety. None of this would be happening if this SC was open. Coming back down for a week in mid-August. Hope it’s open by then. With my luck it will open in November when no one is around.

You should have anticipated this and fully charged at egg harbor twp supercharger.

Reactions: JSergeant

Sorry to hear this, happy wife important. I'm guessing you're at De Mar. You could try the Congress Hall location on Beach Ave. Easiest way would be to go to dinner there and use Valet parking and ask them to charge your car and then take a walk around after dinner or down to beach at end of the road.. The charging there is Level 2, 240 Volts and I had about 25 mi/hr on a Model S. They only have two spots but Valet controls it I was told. I just drove in main entrance and one happened to be open when I was there, so I charged up for two hours while we went to dinner. But, it was last Sunday night and it might not have been so crazy busy at that point. Anyway, you can always drive up in back of Congress Hall where Valet parking is and ask them if they can set you up, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Sorry to hear this, happy wife important. I'm guessing you're at De Mar. You could try the Congress Hall location on Beach Ave. Easiest way would be to go to dinner there and use Valet parking and ask them to charge your car and then take a walk around after dinner or down to beach at end of the road.. The charging there is Level 2, 240 Volts and I had about 25 mi/hr on a Model S. They only have two spots but Valet controls it I was told. I just drove in main entrance and one happened to be open when I was there, so I charged up for two hours while we went to dinner. But, it was last Sunday night and it might not have been so crazy busy at that point. Anyway, you can always drive up in back of Congress Hall where Valet parking is and ask them if they can set you up, it doesn't hurt to ask.

You should have anticipated this and fully charged at egg harbor twp supercharger.

Egg Harbor is really easy off/on the Parkway and is rarely crowded. It's a must-stop if heading south to Cape May, especially while the CM Courthouse chargers remain off-line and if you aren't able to take advantage of the Congress Hall chargers.