Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (7710 El Camino Real, LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went by there today and they were still wiring. I was hoping they would be finished the wiring by the end of this week, but didn’t look like were moving very fast since they still have the protective covers on the SC inverter cabinets. I guess we’ll know this weekend.

8DC56A78-6062-40A3-83B8-31DDA8789315.jpeg
0911DEDB-7582-4D03-A540-FA714705B9F5.jpeg
In an effort to change the subject, here are more progress photos...

It appears the cabinets are wired and they are currently digging up the parking lot.

It’s coming together

Battery cells for powerpacks and powerwalls are probably going to be in short supply until the supply catches up with demand for them at the Gigafactory. They need more workers and lines cranking them out faster just to meet the Model 3 needs.

Went by there Friday at 4pm. Unexpected progress! Looked like they had just finished paving.

pave.jpg

All the SC stalls on the top have cabinets on them, but the two handicap ones below are still cabinet-less, and one of the stalls still hasn't had the wires pulled (but the other one has):

hc.jpg

Not sure what they are doing here around the transformer location. Building a fence around a transformer? I've never seen that before, but there's always a first time.

xfer.jpg

The rest of the upper parking lot looks finished except for cleaning up.

lot.jpg

Mid to late August still looks possible for opening...

Went by there Friday at 4pm. Unexpected progress! Looked like they had just finished paving.

View attachment 322850

All the SC stalls on the top have cabinets on them, but the two handicap ones below are still cabinet-less, and one of the stalls still hasn't had the wires pulled (but the other one has):

View attachment 322851

Not sure what they are doing here around the transformer location. Building a fence around a transformer? I've never seen that before, but there's always a first time.

View attachment 322852

The rest of the upper parking lot looks finished except for cleaning up.

View attachment 322853

Mid to late August still looks possible for opening...
Looks like a combination of back-in and pull-in stalls. Can hardly wait to visit this location in Jan.'19. Thanks for the updates and pictures along the way.

I am confident that this site will immediately become the busiest site in So. Cal. Mark my words and check out the screen at Kettleman a month after this opens. Forget any locals charging, this site is far more convenient for visiting San Diego. San Clemente is just a bit too close to LA. Carlsbad will allow people to arrive with a lower SOC, be closer to SD where we can move around and get back to this location before going home. More so, this location just makes sense for travelers. Qualcomm just sucks all the way around. Let the locals have that site!

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno
I am confident that this site will immediately become the busiest site in So. Cal. Mark my words and check out the screen at Kettleman a month after this opens. Forget any locals charging, this site is far more convenient for visiting San Diego. San Clemente is just a bit too close to LA. Carlsbad will allow people to arrive with a lower SOC, be closer to SD where we can move around and get back to this location before going home. More so, this location just makes sense for travelers. Qualcomm just sucks all the way around. Let the locals have that site!
I'm hoping that some of the Qualcomm traffic is relieved by this one opening so it becomes less congested and more available for travelers in that area.

Moderator note: 3 posts (including mine) have been moved to their own thread at Recent Supercharger openings in California since they were not about the topic of this thread, which is the Carlsbad Supercharger.
My post was about the number of stalls at the Carlsbad Supercharger. Seems that is directly about the Carlsbad Supercharger under any objective criteria. Does a comment about how I won't be using it somehow make it not about the Carlsbad Supercharger? Don't you think you are being a wee-bit tight here?

I'm struggling with the comment that a 20-stall SpC is considered "underbuilt" in this location. Seems like an embarrassment of riches to me. Unless of course you get a ton of locals plugging in while shopping at the mall.

FTR, while I live very close to this SpC, I will never use it. Charging at home is so much more convenient anyway.