Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (7710 El Camino Real, LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8CFD3F0E-56F1-4A40-A919-E6DD270A2ACC.jpeg

Inching closer...

Went by there earlier today, Sunday. They are still wiring up charger cabinets and pedestals. They still haven’t pulled wire to one of the handicap stalls. Before Labor Day seems like a stretch goal now. This might leak into mid September...

Was driving by today, so decided to stop and take a look. Ran into fellow TMCer Moonlight there in her relatively new Model 3. The site was still active today at 5pm, so I didn't look at the upper parking area, but I did notice that they had installed pedestals for both the handicap stalls in the lower parking lot.

Reactions: Moonlight
What is the record for the slowest construction time of a supercharger location ?
This one has got to be close. :eek:

Actual construction time, this one is moving along ok. This isn’t a small slam dunk 6 parking spot SC. It has capacity for 26 stalls (20 installed initially), two levels, retaining wall, handicap parking, etc.

Decided to take a breather from all the Tesla going private chatter over in the investor forums. This site is getting close.

The lone construction worker there this afternoon when I went by was doing adjustments on the parking signs. (Actually there was one other guy running a bobcat cleaning up the far end of the parking lot):

2signs.jpg

Looks like all the SC cabinet wiring is done.

2cabs.jpg

Following the new pavement trenching leading away from this lot, all the way down past a long building, yielded this trench and 4" conduit work in process:

2conduit.jpg

My guess is that the high voltage electrical line is coming from the street and this is the conduit for it. This particular spot looks like a cable pull station that'll have a fiberglass shell around it. Like this one that was right beside this trench:

2box.jpg

New here; unable to post in the “Introductions” section, for some reason. My name is Heidi and I live less than a mile west of this new Suoercharger location as the crow flies and 2.5 (winding, hilly, fun!) road miles away. I waited 2 years, 3 months, and 5 days to take delivery of my blue Model 3 (hence the username 2y3m5d). Worth the wait!!

I just wanted to let everyone know I went to the site this morning at 7:00 am and drove right up. Work trucks followed me in. I spoke with the very nice foreman there and he said they were basically all done and now they are waiting for SDG&E to come and inspect, file their paperwork, etc...I asked if this would be days or weeks; he said weeks.

I’ve also put in a request with Peet’s Coffee for a location at The Beacon mall, referencing the 20+ Supercharger station with average charging times of about 45 minutes/car. I got a polite, vague form letter response. Ugh. Guess we’ll be headed to Starbucks across the street.

New here; unable to post in the “Introductions” section, for some reason. My name is Heidi and I live less than a mile west of this new Suoercharger location as the crow flies and 2.5 (winding, hilly, fun!) road miles away. I waited 2 years, 3 months, and 5 days to take delivery of my blue Model 3 (hence the username 2y3m5d). Worth the wait!!

I just wanted to let everyone know I went to the site this morning at 7:00 am and drove right up. Work trucks followed me in. I spoke with the very nice foreman there and he said they were basically all done and now they are waiting for SDG&E to come and inspect, file their paperwork, etc...I asked if this would be days or weeks; he said weeks.

I’ve also put in a request with Peet’s Coffee for a location at The Beacon mall, referencing the 20+ Supercharger station with average charging times of about 45 minutes/car. I got a polite, vague form letter response. Ugh. Guess we’ll be headed to Starbucks across the street.

Cool name. Welcome! :) Keep us posted on when this site opens.

Peet’s has a location in Carlsbad. Unfortunately, they seem to be few and far in between. Would be nice to see one there. That shopping center has always been rather useless compared to others in the area. Perhaps it is a good opportunity to open my own coffee shop. ;)
Yes! Just a cart would do! I keep thinking Simone needs to do that at Qualcomm: nothing is open when I go.