Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (7710 El Camino Real, LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only one fascinated by people who drive to the gym, to exercise, yet must use the closest parking spots to avoid a longer walk? o_O
I'm also fascinated by gym rats trying to park as close as possible to the gym's front door, particularly with San Diego's almost year-round fine weather. However, it frosts me that customers in general using any parking lot tend to jam up the driving aisles waiting for some non-present driver to suddenly appear and vacate a parking spot near the entrance. I guess they aren't as paranoid as I am regarding parking near other drivers who will invariably ding your doors. I park so far out in large parking lots that I am sometimes in a different zip code!

I'm also fascinated by gym rats trying to park as close as possible to the gym's front door, particularly with San Diego's almost year-round fine weather. However, it frosts me that customers in general using any parking lot tend to jam up the driving aisles waiting for some non-present driver to suddenly appear and vacate a parking spot near the entrance. I guess they aren't as paranoid as I am regarding parking near other drivers who will invariably ding your doors. I park so far out in large parking lots that I am sometimes in a different zip code!
Same thing goes for parking structures. People will pile up on the first floor, seemingly desperate to find a spot, not realizing that there are dozens upon dozens of openings either one floor up or down. I always shoot for an easy spot, further away.

Stopped by City offices today. This permit is now approved but not yet picked up by Tesla. (same status as other cld permit)
While there I heard an unofficial rumor that Tesla has partnered with SDGE and that significantly more Superchargers will be added in the SDGE area

Tesla has always partnered with SDGE since that's what is required to get the new electrical services for the sites. There are many sites to be built if you look at the Tesla map on their Supercharger site...

Tuesday 2/13/18...FYI drove through the "designated" future supercharger site today at about 2:00pm. Zero work has been done so far, no equipment, no nothing, except three ICE cars parked! Pretty isolated from the lower gym parking lot, great spot for nooners for lovers This is getting boring...maybe by the end of the year?

According to another thread, both Carlsbad sites (including this one) are still in plan check with the city. While I did see construction guys doing pre-construction planning at the site, I guess they were doing it before the permit was issued...

According to another thread, both Carlsbad sites (including this one) are still in plan check with the city. While I did see construction guys doing pre-construction planning at the site, I guess they were doing it before the permit was issued...
Yep, no need to get antsy, I guess. I just go by 7710 all of the time and can't help but drive through the parking lot whenever I get the chance. We are driving up to Fresno on Thursday, so we'll actually see/use some completed supercharger sites. #freeroadtrip