Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (7710 El Camino Real, LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live real close to the proposed site in la Costa and drive past most days. I haven’t ventured in to see what’s happening but you can see from the road (el Camino real) that a space on the left of the gym is cordoned off with green mesh ( or whatever you call it). It’s a long narrow area, so I presume they cordoned off to put in the power units.

I live real close to the proposed site in la Costa and drive past most days. I haven’t ventured in to see what’s happening but you can see from the road (el Camino real) that a space on the left of the gym is cordoned off with green mesh ( or whatever you call it). It’s a long narrow area, so I presume they cordoned off to put in the power units.
I don't believe that is the area..plus there is not enough room for the 26 SCs mentioned. More likely the upper parking area by gym. Regardless, nothing much getting done anywhere in San Diego.

Tuesday, April 3rd I once again drove through the upper parking lot to check on any supercharger progress. None! There was a Police SUV parked at the end of the site facing me with two officers aboard. I felt concerned that as I had to slowly make a U-turn in front of them to depart that they would notice the lack of a front license plate, would give chase, and I would be dragged out of my car and tasered...the mind plays some crazy tricks when one feels guilty!

I will likely never use the proposed two supercharger sites in Carlsbad, because we live nearby, well, perhaps once each to try them out, but we have Tesla friends/relatives from out of state who will use them when they visit. However, the Carlsbad sites should take some pressure off of the very busy sites up the coast which, should be good for the whole community.

UPDATE: Ground markings indicating the proposed excavation of the entire parking lot. Timeframe unknown, but this is a step forward.

Attachments

• EED31A76-7E39-4878-A288-043DAB6A75F3.jpeg
    EED31A76-7E39-4878-A288-043DAB6A75F3.jpeg
    599 KB · Views: 117
UPDATE: Ground markings indicating the proposed excavation of the entire parking lot. Timeframe unknown, but this is a step forward.

Are you sure that means excavation of the entire lot? My understanding is that USA stands for "underground service alert" in this context, so it might mean that the entire lot needs to be marked for underground utilities, which is standard practice before digging. I would imagine that only some of the lot will be excavated, and which part will be informed by the utility markings.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Cosmacelf and KJD
Are you sure that means excavation of the entire lot? My understanding is that USA stands for "underground service alert" in this context, so it might mean that the entire lot needs to be marked for underground utilities, which is standard practice before digging. I would imagine that only some of the lot will be excavated, and which part will be informed by the utility markings.

Yes. This. If that USA mark is new it means it should get marked within a few days. Construction should begin soon after.

It will be in the parking lot overlooking the Equinox gym. It’s the largely empty overflow parking lot. Confirmed by the construction dudes I saw there a couple of months ago. A supercharger build like this can happen in as fast as 6 weeks. My crystal ball guesstimates 3 months for this one. So, August 1st opening day?