Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (7710 El Camino Real, LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
T.jpg T.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: jowaldo
Drove by this morning to check out what a circle with a line through it meant on my nav. I didn't try to charge or anyting. But the ADA SC that was damaged weeks ago appears to be fixed. There were no cars there - really charging or otherwise. There is indeed 6 more stalls in place (covered with garbage bags). When I left work earlier this afternoon the SC still had the circle with a line through it on the nav. I think they just needed to shut down the power to place the 6 new stalls. I've never seen this location completely full before but I definitely welcome the additional capacity to the area.

As other said earlier, zero reason to not just put these 6 in there in the first place. . .

I had called Tesla to inquire about it and they proposed it was a V3 upgrade. I knew that was nuts and then confirmed that it was just the additional 6 urban chargers being added.

The 5 new stalls are now open! This location now has 25 chargers. Currently charging at one of the new stalls and it appears that they’re the same speed as the others (72kW).

Attachments

• 5C3465CC-92C3-454D-9C14-143B089200A5.jpeg
    5C3465CC-92C3-454D-9C14-143B089200A5.jpeg
    865.9 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: Point 3
Nice

It's was never full when there were 20. I think the Carlsbad one is a pretty good location. I live 5 mins away from there and almost never use it.

I've used this location 10 or 12 times and have had to wait (not long) twice. Could be they're anticipating increased usage based on sales. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Strange the Tesla website and supercharge.info still show 20 stalls.

Last edited:
They just installed steel poles in front of the chargers immediately on the left side when you enter the top parking lot. The very sharp angle turn required makes it very dangerous to turn left into the parking spot. (Tesla transferred the risk from the damage to the charger to damage to your car)... Best way to park in these is to proceed all the way forward, make a U turn and then turn right into the spot.

• Informative
Reactions: CovertADV