Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA - Paseo Del Norte (LIVE 17 Aug 2021, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Around 5am stop on the way back to LA. Just 2 cars for all that juice. I did pass the 200kw for a brief period.

Attachments

• IMG_1341.jpeg
    IMG_1341.jpeg
    567.4 KB · Views: 95
I charged here around 8:30 Saturday night. On the car map I noticed it was marked "short wait" nearly all day. Fortunately there were a few open stalls when we were leaving my son's place in Encinitas.

I pulled into stall 3B and only got 83kW even though I was at about 25%SoC, I thought since stalls 3A-D were all occupied, perhaps that was slowing things down. Then I noticed that there are only 14 stalls, and there there are only A&B in group 4. So I moved the car to 4B and 160kW for a couple of minutes. I averaged 4 miles/minute during the 4 minutes on 3B but 7 miles/minute during the 20 minutes on 4B.

I charged here around 8:30 Saturday night. On the car map I noticed it was marked "short wait" nearly all day. Fortunately there were a few open stalls when we were leaving my son's place in Encinitas.

I pulled into stall 3B and only got 83kW even though I was at about 25%SoC, I thought since stalls 3A-D were all occupied, perhaps that was slowing things down. Then I noticed that there are only 14 stalls, and there there are only A&B in group 4. So I moved the car to 4B and 160kW for a couple of minutes. I averaged 4 miles/minute during the 4 minutes on 3B but 7 miles/minute during the 20 minutes on 4B.
There are 2 stalls separate from the rest (one of them for handicapped access) so these are likely 4C and 4D. If they were unoccupied then, yes, you’d get higher rates at 4B than at 3B.

I pulled into stall 3B and only got 83kW even though I was at about 25%SoC, I thought since stalls 3A-D were all occupied, perhaps that was slowing things down.
Weird - I wonder if the DC-DC bus between V3 cabinets wasn't working properly. In theory, all cabinets should be able to pull power from each other, so it shouldn't matter what stall you pull into.

83 kW * 4 is 332 kW, which is close to the maximum AC-DC power for a single V3 cabinet (350 kVA)