Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA - Van Allen Way (LIVE 4 May 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gaswalla

Model S,3,X.. CT with Austin delivery
Sep 23, 2012
San Diego
While searching for details about an upcoming Carlsbad Village site, I stumbled upon this nugget in the City of Carlsbad's permit documents.

looks like 8 V3 stalls coming to the mall at 5806 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad, CA
Please report back with any sign of construction

1666849506579.png

Kind of a weird spot a little ways off the freeway. But it's a pretty busy commercial area and the mall it's located in has a few restaurants to eat at. Fairly busy place during the week due to the location, but empty on the weekends.

It's also less than 3 miles from the Premium Outlets Supercharger as well. That one gets pretty busy on weekends, so maybe this will help alleviate a bit of pressure.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and gaswalla
Now that this station is live, can a moderator change the yellow hat in the map to a red dot?
Thanks

TMC doesn't maintain a map. supercharge.info does, and it looks like on that map, this site does indeed have a red dot, indicating a Supercharger in service. Any chance you might need to refresh your Web browser tab/window?

Bruce.

1686494547453.png

This station seems to be having quite a few issues... It regularly tells me that it's full when there's no one here or just does not have a capacity at all as shown below:

1000014459.jpg

Of course, within a month of it opening someone hit stall 2D, That's now been offline for a bit now, stall 1B or 1C also has not worked in my experience but the in-car display doesn't warn you about that.

The capacity is the more annoying part for me because I left my car for about 4 minutes after it finished charging and got charged an idle fee even though there was only one other person at the stall.