Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (2525 El Camino Real, permit expired)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla doesn't comment on superchargers apart from putting grey dots on a map 1-3 years in advance, and announcing when they are open. I wouldn't expect different with these ones.
Then I see absolutely no reason to have them on the map unless they are open for business. What's the point? All they do is suck people into believing what the sales people parrot out. Plus, Tesla comments on every other thing they are doing ad nauseum.

You mean supercharge.info? Many people want to know where preliminary planning has
Many people want to know what their future intentions are. If you don't, then don't look at it.
They didn't use to but people screamed bloody murder so Tesla gave in and provided more details on their planned build-out.
Many people want to know what their future intentions are. If you don't, then don't look at it.
Kind of a cheap shot..I want to know the status of them...but months on end with permits drawn and nothing being done is not helpful.

Kind of a cheap shot..I want to know the status of them...but months on end with permits drawn and nothing being done is not helpful.
Please make note that Tesla did not create this thread. Contributors to this forum did by researching and finding the permit. As far as Tesla's upcoming supercharger map goes, there was a time when I found it very helpful so I could look forward to planning travel. Now that my region is complete, I know I can. My issue now is having sufficient spaces open to charge, and I still look to it from time to time to see what they hope to achieve. Each person has his or her own needs. In the meantime, it is common sense marketing on Tesla's part to show that they plan to do more. As far as these build-outs go, in all likelihood, this has nothing to do with Tesla, and everything to do with third parties.

Reactions: Teriyaki88
Found it posted by someone else in the attached.

Attachments

• 3BEE2D77-9BC9-4F6B-80CA-5FF77514414F.jpeg
    3BEE2D77-9BC9-4F6B-80CA-5FF77514414F.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 79
Thanks. I do not know the source of that document, of which it appears just a fragment is shown. So I cannot verify its accuracy.

Once someone posts credible evidence in this thread showing that construction of this new Supercharger site has begun I will change the thread title.
He's talking about the downtown SD supercharger, not the Carlsbad supercharger (which is the topic of this thread).

Found it posted by someone else in the attached.

That looks like it's from supercharge.info, which gathers a lot of data from threads like this one. So it's probably just reflecting the info that was already posted in the downtown supercharger thread. If you look over there, you'll see moulari posted:

Looks like permits were finally issued against this application on 3/15 - construction must have started - they have underground inspection scheduled for tomorrow 3-28.

and then PLUS EV posted:

Construction cone bump.

and, what do you know, supercharge.info changed the icon on their map to a construction cone.

Last edited:
That looks like it's from supercharge.info, which gathers a lot of data from threads like this one. So it's probably just reflecting the info that was already posted in the downtown supercharger thread. If you look over there, you'll see moulari posted:

and then PLUS EV posted:

and, what do you know, supercharge.info changed the icon on their map to a construction cone.
You have it backwards. I made that post because I saw the construction cone on supercharge.info.

My post was literally "construction cone bump."
If you read more into that than was posted, then that's on you.
I had no idea what your post meant. It could have meant “I saw a construction cone on the ground at this new Supercharger site.” But apparently what you meant was “I saw a construction cone icon for this location on another website that tracks Superchargers and that means this location is now under construction.” If you had posted something like that it would have been helpful.

Pictures in San Diego - Downtown have confirmed that construction has indeed started there. Hopefully this is an indication that Carlsbad will be soon to follow!
And when I saw those photos posted in that thread I updated the title of that thread to reflect the fact that construction has started.

• Disagree
Reactions: PLUS EV and OCRyan
I agree.
Also I'd like to add that Tesla does not have 100% control over permit approval process. These decisions are make by various agencies and planning boards at each location. While not 100% related to Tesla SC, its well-known in the RE development circles that City of Carlsbad is not entirely friendly to many construction projects. Sometimes they make unreasonable demands, that can lead to delays for months and months.
Thanks!

Please make note that Tesla did not create this thread. Contributors to this forum did by researching and finding the permit. As far as Tesla's upcoming supercharger map goes, there was a time when I found it very helpful so I could look forward to planning travel. Now that my region is complete, I know I can. My issue now is having sufficient spaces open to charge, and I still look to it from time to time to see what they hope to achieve. Each person has his or her own needs. In the meantime, it is common sense marketing on Tesla's part to show that they plan to do more. As far as these build-outs go, in all likelihood, this has nothing to do with Tesla, and everything to do with third parties.