Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No pic today, but workers were at the site. Cable conduits are coming up from trenches in several spots (actually not sure if trenches had been covered over or not, will look more closely next time). The Supercharger cabinets have not yet been unpacked or moved to their final locations though.

• Informative
Reactions: patrick42h
It may be a bit soon for an update but I decided to stop by to take a picture after dropping off my Model 3 at the service center Monday.
The concrete pads are in place.

Attachments

• IMG_20180528_113115.jpg
    IMG_20180528_113115.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 172
  • Informative
Reactions: rabar10
All 10 stalls are up. Equipment looks to all be installed. Cooling fans were running yesterday in the equipment, so it follows that they are connected. New light post has the base and conduit installed but the post is not.

• Informative
Amusing that it doesn't yet show up in the car mapping UI as a Supercharger destination yet, heh
Based on past experience, it takes several days after it officially opens for a new SC location to show up on the Tesla in car navigation.
Also, PlugShare gets a direct feed from Tesla with SC locations, so it will get added there automatically. After it does, you can update location specifics.
Great to see a second SC location on the North side and a third in the city!

• Informative
Everyone else has posted these nice daytime photos...so I'll post a nighttime shot. Well, technically I took this picture at 5AM today when I went through that area. One of the nice things about this being located at the Meijer is that there's an open restroom at any time of the day. Unlike the one in Fishers in the parking garage. I did get to zip through all the roundabouts there, since at 5AM you really don't have to yield to anyone else.

upload_2018-6-24_15-48-14.png

Reactions: Acps110
there's an open restroom at any time of the day. Unlike the one in Fishers in the parking garage.
View attachment 312107
Nice pic. I always think it’s weird to have a SC by a gas station. I have only seen a few like that, but it reminds me how lucky we are not to have to go there anymore. Expect to borrow the windshield squeegee in a road trip. ;)

BTW there is always an open restroom and drinking fountain on the 1st floor of the Fishers SC parking garage. Check out PlugShare for exact directions.

Reactions: IT Geek
Grew up in Carmel, Left there for college over 40 years ago though. sure is different with all the roundabouts and not stoplights or stop signs. Glad to see the superchargers on the north side of Indy. We got to use the one in Fishers on our last trip, this one will be much easier to access. Sure beats the first time we drove there and had the CHADEMO by Whole Foods as our only fast option without driving to Greenwood first.

Yep, you nailed it! This location will provide easy access to travelers from the South. People coming from the North are going have a bit more to navigate (multiple roundabouts). The car's navigation is accurate though.

Multiple amenities!
There are at least 10 restaurants from fast food to casual dining.

For those not familiar, Meijer is nice, multi-purpose big box store. (Yes, they have a Starbucks inside). Out lot restaurants include: Panda Express, Zoup!, Which Wich and Blaze Pizza.

Across the street to the East, you will find many local flavor shops and food/bar options. Great restaurant choices include: Yats, Stacked Pickle, Brockway Pub, Mimi Blue Meatballs.

Across the street to the South: J. Razzo's Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar, Toppers Pizza, Yougurtz, Moe's Southwester Grill, Mark Pi's China gate & Sushi Bar, Le Peep (excellent breakfast/lunch) and Max & Erma's.

Note: the food options to the East and South of the Supercharger location all require you cross streets that are pretty busy during AM/PM rush hours and also lunch.

All things considered, this is a great location for a Supercharger!
Is it possible to cross Old Meridian Street by foot to get to the restaurants on the east? And/or is there a place for crossing West Carmel Drive to get to the restaurants to the South? I'm looking to stop there this week-end and want to meet up with friends, but need to figure out if it's possible to actually get to the nearby restaurants. I've encountered some superchargers where it really isn't possible to get to the nearby restaurants on foot.

Yes, you can cross all Meridian Street. A roundabout southwest of the supercharger at Carmel Drive and old Meridian Street is being constructed, so traffic has been rerouted around that area for some time. There should be no problem crossing the street on foot to get to the restaurants.