Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carson, CA (under construction Sep 2023, 8 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger agreement was recently approved by the City of Carson for a 20-stall location at the Civic Center. The agreement proposed by Tesla called for the stations to be installed on the north end of the Civic Center parking lot (specific location attached below).

My main concern about this location is the access to amenities, with the nearest restaurant being about five minutes away by foot. At least it's right off the 405, so that's good.

Full PDFs of the lease agreement are attached below. For the site layout I thought the photo was too grainy so I made my own render.

Carson.jpg

H/T to the Daily Breeze for the original article: Tesla Superchargers on way to Carson

Attachments

• Tesla Lease.pdf
    772.8 KB · Views: 747
  • Resolution Declaring Exempt Surplus Land Tesla Lease.pdf
    248.3 KB · Views: 208
Last edited by a moderator:
A new Supercharger agreement was recently approved by the City of Carson for a 20-stall location at the Civic Center. The agreement proposed by Tesla called for the stations to be installed on the north end of the Civic Center parking lot (specific location attached below).

My main concern about this location is the access to amenities, with the nearest restaurant being about five minutes away by foot. At least it's right off the 405, so that's good.

Full PDFs of the lease agreement are attached below. For the site layout I thought the photo was too grainy so I made my own render.

View attachment 784000

H/T to the Daily Breeze for the original article: Tesla Superchargers on way to Carson

In the original, the box to the lower-left is labeled as "New SCE Equipment" for the SoCal Edison transformer etc., not "SC" for supercharger. Until looking at that PDF, I was wondering why the cabinets were set up to be located so far from the pedestals. I'd expect only the transformer and meter will be located there, with all of the Tesla-owned equipment within the upper rectangle.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and mociaf9
Approved in March 2022 by city council. Plan was 6-9 month build out; so by Dec 2022. It’s now stated as expected Q3 2023; so at least another 6 months.

Some of these projects seem to get done within a month or two. Others like Long Beach are planned and delayed over and over for years before finally opening. Now Long Beach, just as an example, also has its own service / delivery center as well an another charger location coming soon.

Thanks for the updates.

Design look's interesting. Have to see how it plays out. So many of these layouts are just not conducive to friendly waiting for charging when full. Also kind of shocking it's upfront to the hotel.

Often they're tucked away from the front of businesses to avoid complications with non charger drivers. Even the handicap spots. Though there are a few places like Burbank where they put the handicap spots on one side of the parking lot in front of the stores and regular spots on the complete opposite side of the lot away from shops as far as they could. This would likely have been more expensive, depending.

Reactions: Doug Martoccia
Thanks for the updates.

Design look's interesting. Have to see how it plays out. So many of these layouts are just not conducive to friendly waiting for charging when full. Also kind of shocking it's upfront to the hotel.

Often they're tucked away from the front of businesses to avoid complications with non charger drivers. Even the handicap spots. Though there are a few places like Burbank where they put the handicap spots on one side of the parking lot in front of the stores and regular spots on the complete opposite side of the lot away from shops as far as they could. This would likely have been more expensive, depending.
I was thinking the same thing. The Doubletree has large parking lot in the back of the hotel where they could have placed them.