Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cary, NC

hydkrazy

Nov 23, 2019
Cary
It is online yesterday night.. I was able to charge it!!.. Am I the first one to charge at this supercharger :)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-11-22 at 7.56.31 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-11-22 at 7.56.31 PM.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 63
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-11-22 at 7.56.30 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-11-22 at 7.56.30 PM.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: mociaf9 and Thinkje
May 13, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I charged there this weekend with out any issues,I got about 84 kW at about 40% SOC but I know my battery was a bit cold. A model 3 owner had to move their car because stall 2B wasn't working, I saw that someone reported it not working in the Plugshare app as well. I wish they had a trashcan like the North Hills/Raleigh area has.

X Fan

Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2015
Naples, FL & Cary, NC
On long distance trip and need to take my X to the Raleigh service center for an eMMC failure. Need a charge to continue to the service center.....but,
can’t charge just yet since every pedestal is taken by what I suspect are entirely local drivers.

nice....

SigNC

Aug 23, 2017
NC
On long distance trip and need to take my X to the Raleigh service center for an eMMC failure. Need a charge to continue to the service center.....but,
can’t charge just yet since every pedestal is taken by what I suspect are entirely local drivers.

nice....

You know what assuming does :) Now that more and more supercharging is paid I'm fairly indifferent with locals using supercharing and FWIW that charger is almost never full. 10/12 available right now.

Magellan55

Aug 30, 2018
Chapel Hill, NC
With all the apartments nearby filled with young techies I would guess they put it there in part to allow folks without garages to be able to own a Tesla. It's not exactly convenient to a major throughway (540 doesn't count as it's tolled there and hardly ever has cars on it) like all the early ones on I-40.

SigNC

Aug 23, 2017
NC
540 is pretty packed in the AM and the evenings or at least it was pre-covid and the location makes great sense for people commuting out of the triangle on 540 to holly springs and fuquay. Even off I-40 it's only about 4 or 5 miles so not insane. however, with the new mebane SC going in I can't see anybody passing along on I-40 needing it.

X Fan

Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2015
Naples, FL & Cary, NC
You know what assuming does :) Now that more and more supercharging is paid I'm fairly indifferent with locals using supercharing and FWIW that charger is almost never full. 10/12 available right now.

My son lives near by and shops at HT often. He says SC is often packed. We went back later and only 4 slots open.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC