Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cary, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My son lives near by and shops at HT often. He says SC is often packed. We went back later and only 4 slots open.

maybe they've gotten busier since I've had to commute near them for work daily but every time i'm in the app it doesn't seem that busy. When I have been there it's almost always a lot of model 3s charging which to me means one of a few things 1) they aren't local 2) they need a fast charge to head out of town 3) they don't have local charging as @magellen55 noted or 4) they just enjoy paying over 2x the local rate for kwh :)

the SC up north raleigh by target always used to be camped by free charging S and X but I dont' think that's nearly the issue it was anymore.......who knows though maybe i'm wrong.

Luckily NC is getting a lot of new SCs being built so it's only going to get better I think.

540 is pretty packed in the AM and the evenings or at least it was pre-covid and the location makes great sense for people commuting out of the triangle on 540 to holly springs and fuquay. Even off I-40 it's only about 4 or 5 miles so not insane. however, with the new mebane SC going in I can't see anybody passing along on I-40 needing it.
I was really hoping that Southpoint Mall would get a SC setup, that would have made a lot of sense (to me, anyway).

maybe they've gotten busier since I've had to commute near them for work daily but every time i'm in the app it doesn't seem that busy. When I have been there it's almost always a lot of model 3s charging which to me means one of a few things 1) they aren't local 2) they need a fast charge to head out of town 3) they don't have local charging as @magellen55 noted or 4) they just enjoy paying over 2x the local rate for kwh :)

the SC up north raleigh by target always used to be camped by free charging S and X but I dont' think that's nearly the issue it was anymore.......who knows though maybe i'm wrong.

Luckily NC is getting a lot of new SCs being built so it's only going to get better I think.
I hit up the Raleigh SC quite a few times in July/August and the availability was good (FWIW).

If this is you, you are super lazy.
1618766083247.jpeg

1618766117625.jpeg

Thanks for the information.

A Tesla technician, at the location servicing the stalls a few weeks back, while not knowing the time line said that Tesla plans to upgrade the site to v3 at some point. I was hoping that this might be the time.
That would be cool/Interesting since the Raleigh North Hills area is currently being upgraded with the additional 12 v3 stalls. I'm curious if he had his locations mixed up or if they are both getting upgraded 🧐

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and RTPEV
Was there 6/25/2022 and one of the chargers "5B" looked like it was intentionally vandalized (see attachments) and would not charge. Was able to charge on "5A" and checked all the other plugs not being used for charging and they looked OK. Called Tesla to report and they said site was offline.

Attachments

• Supercharger Charger.jpg
    Supercharger Charger.jpg
    768.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Supercharger Pin Damage.jpg
    Supercharger Pin Damage.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Informative
Reactions: DavidAsheville
Was there 6/25/2022 and one of the chargers "5B" looked like it was intentionally vandalized (see attachments) and would not charge. Was able to charge on "5A" and checked all the other plugs not being used for charging and they looked OK. Called Tesla to report and they said site was offline.
That black thing inside of the left hole is actually not vandalized. Its a broken part from someone's charger port. It used to happen fairly often on older Model S/X.

Here are a few older posts about it happening and people fixing it:

Someone on YouTube describing it a bit more for those curious about the port changes: Link

That black thing inside of the left hole is actually not vandalized. Its a broken part from someone's charger port. It used to happen fairly often on older Model S/X.

Someone on YouTube describing it a bit more for those curious about the port changes: Link

Usually, but not in this case. That conductor is severely damaged. Possible that it welded itself into someone’s charge port and they forcibly removed it.

Reactions: RTPEV and jsight

I though about this, but if you look at the lower left of the left port it looks a least to me that a piece of metal was jammed in to make it difficult to remove. Could have been melted, but it looked jammed in and the plastic piece was skewed to the upper right.

Attachments

• Supercharger Pin Damage New.jpg
    Supercharger Pin Damage New.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: jsight