Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cary, NC

SigNC

Aug 23, 2017
NC
My son lives near by and shops at HT often. He says SC is often packed. We went back later and only 4 slots open.

maybe they've gotten busier since I've had to commute near them for work daily but every time i'm in the app it doesn't seem that busy. When I have been there it's almost always a lot of model 3s charging which to me means one of a few things 1) they aren't local 2) they need a fast charge to head out of town 3) they don't have local charging as @magellen55 noted or 4) they just enjoy paying over 2x the local rate for kwh :)

the SC up north raleigh by target always used to be camped by free charging S and X but I dont' think that's nearly the issue it was anymore.......who knows though maybe i'm wrong.

Luckily NC is getting a lot of new SCs being built so it's only going to get better I think.

swengl

Dec 19, 2014
Lynchburg, VA
540 is pretty packed in the AM and the evenings or at least it was pre-covid and the location makes great sense for people commuting out of the triangle on 540 to holly springs and fuquay. Even off I-40 it's only about 4 or 5 miles so not insane. however, with the new mebane SC going in I can't see anybody passing along on I-40 needing it.
I was really hoping that Southpoint Mall would get a SC setup, that would have made a lot of sense (to me, anyway).

swengl

Dec 19, 2014
Lynchburg, VA
maybe they've gotten busier since I've had to commute near them for work daily but every time i'm in the app it doesn't seem that busy. When I have been there it's almost always a lot of model 3s charging which to me means one of a few things 1) they aren't local 2) they need a fast charge to head out of town 3) they don't have local charging as @magellen55 noted or 4) they just enjoy paying over 2x the local rate for kwh :)

the SC up north raleigh by target always used to be camped by free charging S and X but I dont' think that's nearly the issue it was anymore.......who knows though maybe i'm wrong.

Luckily NC is getting a lot of new SCs being built so it's only going to get better I think.
I hit up the Raleigh SC quite a few times in July/August and the availability was good (FWIW).

SigNC

Aug 23, 2017
NC
btw: shame on fellow Tesla owners that left Target and Harris Teater carts in back of two of the stations. An X backing in would hit both.

Pet peeve of mine about shopping carts in general. Could be worse though, i've seen bottles of urine at some. YUCK.

Reactions: X Fan

SigNC

Aug 23, 2017
NC
If this is you, you are super lazy.
1618766083247.jpeg

1618766117625.jpeg

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC