Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cary, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20191103_122900.jpg
IMG_20191103_122843.jpg

Still no power as of Sunday 12:30pm, soon.

Last edited:
It is not up yet, as of 9:54 am, 11/11
The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. Thanks go to kaidou, who found me in the forest near the transformer after I presumably got thrown back from the biggest electrical shock of my life or from a weekend drinking binge, who knows.

I can confirm the same, the stall are not powered on, the transformer door is still open and the meter is not running, however the Pods metal box that was here previously is now gone. Hopefully soon!

IMG_20191111_095820.jpg
IMG_20191111_095830.jpg

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. Thanks go to kaidou, who found me in the forest near the transformer after I presumably got thrown back from the biggest electrical shock of my life or from a weekend drinking binge, who knows.

I can confirm the same, the stall are not powered on, the transformer door is still open and the meter is not running, however the Pods metal box that was here previously is now gone. Hopefully soon!

View attachment 475525 View attachment 475526
Nice to know you are still alive. I was actually getting suspicious because I thought the rumours were true and you had actually died lol.

Per Town of Cary inspections website, the Certificate of Compliance was issues yesterday (11/12) after all final inspections were approved. Assuming Tesla has to do some Quality Control to ensure everything operates as it should, I assume this location will be energized and ready for use very soon (I'd guess days-to-weeks).

Wish it were today. First time ever I forgot to plug in... Right after wife got back from using it all day. I'm down to nearly 10%. Just moved to a new house and commute is more E-intensive. Think it's finally time for HPWC.

Wish it were today. First time ever I forgot to plug in... Right after wife got back from using it all day. I'm down to nearly 10%. Just moved to a new house and commute is more E-intensive. Think it's finally time for HPWC.
Always install an HPWC. I supercharge 66% of the time given that I travel so much, but you want fast charging at home and I even installed one as arriving home and skipping that last charging stop makes all the difference in your life (yes I get free lifetime supercharging on my Model 3 Performance). Even if it's a low amperage 240V connection using your provided portable connector, you will not regret it. Tesla sells their HPWC at a relative discount compared to the competition, it works well, is well engineered, and is perfect for any Tesla owner no matter what kind of 240V power they have available. USD$500 is cheap for a wall connector.

Looking forward to the Cary supercharger being energized soon, will make more varied commutes possible for me at least.

Last edited: