Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Casa Grande, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There has been a tenant improvement permit outstanding for the Dairy Queen for several months now. It sounded like previously that the Tesla permit had not been approved yet. Maybe the construction at the Dairy Queen is really for DQ tenant improvements?

Not that they know what they are looking for, but nothing similar to crates etc. near the 76 station....... that's all I have for now.

RSanchez?? How good is your information? Also could it have been a truck load of superchargers going somewhere else? Hummm just curious!

That's why we always need photos of sightings to verify!!

Thanks!

I will go over there in the morning and see if there is anything there. Only a mile from me. Stay tuned.....

Dun dun, dun dun!

Maybe I should have labelled it as potential hearsay, but a friend, who is from CG said he saw Tesla labelled equipment in the parking lot.

I know someone posted earlier that they called the City and they were told it was going to be installed at the Culver's, but that really makes no sense. I've driven through the 76/DQ (not Chevron, my bad) parking lot several times and you can almost feel where a charger could easily go! On the other hand, the Culver's parking lot is very small, and appears to be constantly full.

I have spent the last hour circling every parking lot within a half mile of exit 194 off of I-10.

The short answer... I found nothing.

The long answer... I went to the DQ lot first. There is plenty of room for a charging area, but no Tesla crates and no pavement markings, survey flags, or anything. Since the Chevron was mentioned, I went there next. They have Blink charging stations there already (2 level 2, 2 Chademo), but nothing new. I went across the street to the Burger King... Nothing there (lot is probably too small). circled Cracker Barrel... Nothing. Went to the other side of the Interstate and circled Culver's (I do this at least once a week, and believe me, if I ever find anything you guys will be the next to know) and again, found nothing. I agree with rsanchez in that the Culver's lot is small, frequently full, and I cannot imagine where they would put the sizable charging cabinets as there is no open space big enough for them on Culver's property. I went across the highway to the Promenade Mall area where most of the restaurants are. I circled the areas of Olive Garden, Mimi's Café, In-and-Out, Subway, Chick-Fil-A, Krispy-Crème, Rubio's (and maybe a couple others) and again I see no evidence of any activity, markings or equipment crates. The only construction in the area is in the Sam's Club parking lot, but is not in a good parking area and appears to be drainage related.

In my mind, the best place to put one in that area is in the parking lot near the Subway. It is plenty large, seldom crowded, and appears to have good power nearby (it is on the other side of the highway from Culvers). It is more or less central to the establishments just mentioned, and is only a hundred yards or so from the highway. There is shopping nearby, but a little further walk.

I am very happy to check out rumors, so if anyone hears anything, feel free to PM me as TYL did so it sends a message to my phone, and I will check it out as quickly as I can.

Here's hoping something turns up soon!!

I have spent the last hour circling every parking lot within a half mile of exit 194 off of I-10.

The short answer... I found nothing.

The long answer... I went to the DQ lot first. There is plenty of room for a charging area, but no Tesla crates and no pavement markings, survey flags, or anything. Since the Chevron was mentioned, I went there next. They have Blink charging stations there already (2 level 2, 2 Chademo), but nothing new. I went across the street to the Burger King... Nothing there (lot is probably too small). circled Cracker Barrel... Nothing. Went to the other side of the Interstate and circled Culver's (I do this at least once a week, and believe me, if I ever find anything you guys will be the next to know) and again, found nothing. I agree with rsanchez in that the Culver's lot is small, frequently full, and I cannot imagine where they would put the sizable charging cabinets as there is no open space big enough for them on Culver's property. I went across the highway to the Promenade Mall area where most of the restaurants are. I circled the areas of Olive Garden, Mimi's Café, In-and-Out, Subway, Chick-Fil-A, Krispy-Crème, Rubio's (and maybe a couple others) and again I see no evidence of any activity, markings or equipment crates. The only construction in the area is in the Sam's Club parking lot, but is not in a good parking area and appears to be drainage related.

In my mind, the best place to put one in that area is in the parking lot near the Subway. It is plenty large, seldom crowded, and appears to have good power nearby (it is on the other side of the highway from Culvers). It is more or less central to the establishments just mentioned, and is only a hundred yards or so from the highway. There is shopping nearby, but a little further walk.

I am very happy to check out rumors, so if anyone hears anything, feel free to PM me as TYL did so it sends a message to my phone, and I will check it out as quickly as I can.

Here's hoping something turns up soon!!

Well sorry to get you guys disappointed over nothing! I was told there was equipment at Chevron and a article in the paper. Couldn't find the article (except for a mention a long time ago about the blink chargers) and it's clear there's no equipment.... Frustrating!!!!!

News!!!!

I was just over at Culver's a short while ago getting dinner, so I asked the store manager if Tesla Superchargers were going to be installed at this location. Without batting an eye she said Yes. I asked where, and she said in the back near where the dumpster enclosure is. She said that they had just painted marks on the ground to lay it out. Lastly, I asked when, and was told that they were expecting construction to start next week, and they were told that it would take about two months to complete. I walked out to the area she referred to, and at first I couldn't find the marks. However, I did eventually find them (not exactly where I was led to believe). They are a little farther away from the dumpsters, which is good. I also found marks adjacent to their power panel right in the same area. Nice fresh ones. No pics as there is nothing to photograph yet, but I'm charging the camera batteries and I'll be ready when something happens.

Progress!!! :biggrin:

Last edited:
e about two months to complete. I walked out to the area she referred to, and at first I couldn't find the marks. However, I did eventually find them (not exactly where I was led to believe). They are a little farther away from the dumpsters, which is good. I also found marks adjacent to their power panel right in the same area. Nice fresh ones.
This is the Google Street View of the back of Culver's with the dumpster and 7 parking spots. Was this the area you were referring to?
Culver's Casa Grande Rear by Dumpster.jpg

(Google Maps)

More or less. The roadway in front of the van is the drive through lane, and most of the painted markings were on the other side of that lane, just over the top of the van. It looks like they were marking out the charger cabinet enclosures, but it's hard to tell. At this point I am assuming that the charging stalls themselves will be along the area where the cars are, but there are no markings on the ground there to indicate anything.

Saturday morning news

Construction has indeed started on the Casa Grand Supercharger site. The pictures below will give you some idea of what is going on. The crew was there this morning, so I asked a few questions.

• There will be 6 stalls. If you look closely at the pad photo, you can see conduit installed for three cabinets.
  • The stalls will be located where the van and the cars are located in the picture a couple of posts back (the google street view picture showing the back of the store). Note that there are only 7 parking spaces there, so 6 stalls makes sense given the location.
  • According to the job foreman, the site should be operational 3 weeks from today if all goes well.
  • There were no Tesla crates on site, but based on their progress I would expect them to be delivered this week sometime.

DSC01840.JPG

This is a picture of the power and cabinet area. Note the grey conduit to the right for the three cabinets.

DSC01839.JPG

This is where they are trenching across from the cabinet area to the parking stalls across the drive through lane.

DSC01841.JPG

Trenching from the Pad to the drive through lane, and on across to the charging stall area. That white box is the menu board for the drive through lane. It is also visible on the street maps image in a previous pic, so you can get an idea of where this is located in the overall scheme.

DSC01842.JPG

Trenching up to the existing power transformer. I couldn't get close enough to see what the power rating was on the existing unit. Not sure if this one is sufficient, or it will have to be upgraded.

I will continue to visit periodically and post significant progress. Looks like it won't be long now!!

Supplemental information...

I went back by Culvers later this morning, except this time I came from the other direction. I now see that there is some electrical equipment there. Three large grey cabinets similar to what you have seen in other SC pics. There were also two much smaller crates with the Tesla T on them. They appeared to be the right size for the charging stalls. No SC cabinets in evidence. I'll let everyone know when they appear.