Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Casper (Evansville) WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was there is morning and even though it's not on yet, one of the guys who works there said they were still expecting it to go live sometime today.

He also said having the chargers there has been an unpopular decision with their other customers, with people complaining to them and even the contractors as they were doing the installation, since this is "Oil City" and all. Probably just a few really vocal folks... but when it does open, make y/our voice heard and thank/support the business for hosting these chargers!

It’s homegrown, domestic energy for Pete’s sake. SMDH.

Yup, but Casper is the center of the petroleum industry here in Wyoming. I did mention both that it runs on Wyoming electricity and also that the vehicles themselves have the more American-made components as any other car. But the thing that seems to reassure him the most is that there have been superchargers in Gillette and Sheridan for a while now. So hopefully any complaints will settle down quickly. But in the beginning especially, I think it's important to appreciate the ones who are supporting EVs here and not add any gas to the fires of folks who don't quite get it yet.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: everman
Seems to be enough political will to get the SC built at Hat Six, but the facebook chatter when they teased the chargers was pretty varied/interesting! Apparently older single men driving Teslas are particularly at risk here :D
Hat6a.jpg
InkedHat6b_LI.jpg
Hat6c.jpg

Attachments

• InkedHat6b_LI.jpg
    InkedHat6b_LI.jpg
    766.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Hat6c.jpg
    Hat6c.jpg
    916.3 KB · Views: 43
please keep us posted when this charger goes online. I'm driving from Dallas area all the way to Sandpoint, Idaho in August and would much rather to Cheyenne --> Evansville --> Sheridan than doing the Cheyenne --> Wheatland --> Gilette --> Sheridan route. One less stop and saving some time.

My big fear is that this SC will be ICE'd which kinda scares me... in Texas we see similar issue whenever a brand new SC opens and over time it goes away. Is the parking lot in Evansville really that small to make folks park at the SC ? ICE'ing an SC is no different than blocking a gas stations...

I have been watching this thread for about a week. I have a trip to Casper planned for this weekend and am hoping this super charger comes online for my trip! I leave Friday and without this supercharger things are going to get complicated for me with very limited charging available in Casper. Last time I was there, I stayed at the ONE hotel that had a charger but this time I don't want to stay there because it is just not a great hotel - especially for the money. So I just wanted to chime in with some positive vibes and to say thanks for the real time reporting on this!

Nate
Congratulations! You have been promoted to "real-time reporter." We look forward to hearing back from you this weekend.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors