Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Castaic, CA (LIVE 13 Aug 2022, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Construction started!!

Attachments

• 942656A4-F2EF-48D1-BC01-88651FDD4B5A.jpeg
    942656A4-F2EF-48D1-BC01-88651FDD4B5A.jpeg
    605.7 KB · Views: 419
  • CB61A9E6-4CCE-4843-83F4-864AC6A15338.jpeg
    CB61A9E6-4CCE-4843-83F4-864AC6A15338.jpeg
    706.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 7F016C23-CBE5-432F-885E-844DC57A44A3.jpeg
    7F016C23-CBE5-432F-885E-844DC57A44A3.jpeg
    575 KB · Views: 214
As indicated by the plans posted atop this thread, there's quite a distance between the location of the (future) utility transformer and the Tesla equipment. The parking lot pavement has been marked and sawn for that trench, but it hasn't been dug up yet. What those plans don't show is the long trench under the street between the utility's underground vault at the street corner and the transformer pad; it's still covered with steel plates and not yet repaved.
IMG_8693.JPGIMG_8692.JPGIMG_8699.JPGIMG_8694.JPG

Reactions: mociaf9 and Young
The transformer is indeed installed, though there's also an empty slab nearby. Too big for a buck-boost transformer? Too small for a battery. Mystery.

The transformer is behind Las Delicias restaurant, and is not visible from the chargers. Typically the transformer is positioned close to the white Tesla cabinets, so they must have been pressed for space at this location.

The chargers are arranged in a row, except for one charger that is positioned separately. This site looks like it could open at any time! (The Tesla Web page says Q3 2022.)

IMG_9209.JPGIMG_9210.JPGIMG_9208.JPG

This a game changer. People can bypass the whole Buttonwillow, Stockdale Hwy, Taft/Maricopa, Corpus Rd, Tejon Ranch area entirely and charge after going up the hill!

For ppl deep in the I.E. like myself, I always have to charge to 80 percent or higher SoC below the hill to make it back to Cucamonga or do some kind of top up in Cellis St or Pasadena to avoid single digit SoC on arrival.

I would love to skip all the chargers below the hill, make it up the hill and charge around Magic Mountain area.... This charger does it!

Just stopped by over the weekend and I agree it is a great location being right off the 5. However, there aren't any public restrooms available at the moment. I had to sneak into the Mexican restaurant to use their facilities.

As far as I can tell there was a little donut shop and Mexican restaurant in the plaza.

Just stopped by over the weekend and I agree it is a great location being right off the 5. However, there aren't any public restrooms available at the moment. I had to sneak into the Mexican restaurant to use their facilities.

As far as I can tell there was a little donut shop and Mexican restaurant in the plaza.
Avoid these chargers if going to the bathroom is important. The businesses at this location are not bathroom friendly.

Charged here a few weeks ago. It wasn't immediately clear which side of the lot to park on and many others had the same issue.

One would assume that you'd park on the side away from the businesses when driving in, closest to the street, but you're actually supposed to park on the other side (the right side of the pic above posted by tij664, not the left as the one Model S is doing so above). The cords can barely reach if you park just right on the wrong side, so a number of people usually end up parking on the wrong side, anyway.