Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Castlegar, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In email conversation with Mr. Power from Fortis (yes actually), it seems the delay may be some contractual hurdle between Tesla and Canadian Tire. Of the two, I’d guess one could more easily approach local Canadian Tire for info, to begin with.

penguin.jpg

No but seriously, hurray!! Thank you Tesla and all the partners! Crowsnest Highway #3 is finally connected!

Watch out, you might blink and Naksup may be under construction!

Last edited:
Now it's open what are we going to talk about? Recommendations in surrounding area?
How about “What happened to the Grand Forks BC SuperCharger?”

I have a M3 Standard Range Plus and I can get from Castlegar to Kelowna in the summer via Highway #33 (via Beaverdell, Big White), but it is uncomfortably tight, and it’s impossible in the winter. From Highway #3, Highway #33 is the fastest route to the North Okanagan, so it sucks having to drive the longer Highway #97 route (via Osoyoos, Penticton, West Kelowna). A SuperCharger is planned for Grand Forks (Link) but I haven’t heard anything about it for two years now. Too bad because it would open up Highway #33 for SR+ owners.

How about “What happened to the Grand Forks BC SuperCharger?”

I have a M3 Standard Range Plus and I can get from Castlegar to Kelowna in the summer via Highway #33 (via Beaverdell, Big White), but it is uncomfortably tight, and it’s impossible in the winter. From Highway #3, Highway #33 is the fastest route to the North Okanagan, so it sucks having to drive the longer Highway #97 route (via Osoyoos, Penticton, West Kelowna). A SuperCharger is planned for Grand Forks (Link) but I haven’t heard anything about it for two years now. Too bad because it would open up Highway #33 for SR+ owners.
Unfortunately, Grand Forks was taken off the list of coming Superchargers over a year ago -> Tesla Canada Superchargers. I don't know why because with the mountain passes around Grand Forks, a Supercharger in the Boundary would be real helpful. For information the Flo CCS in Grand Forks are only a 50amp you are better to stop in Greenwood where they have a 100amp. I think Christina Lake Flo also has a 100amp.

Reactions: Nogassssssss
Sorry for the confusion all. I have a CHAdeMO adaptor and I can stop and use it at any one of Christina Lake, Grand Forks, Greenwood, Rock Creek, or Beaverdell along that drive. What I meant was that, in terms of coverage solely by the SuperCharger network, there seems to be a gap in the network along Highway #3 when you consider the range of Tesla's "littlest" model. One SuperCharger installed in any of the towns I listed above would eliminate the issue. ...and my vote would be for Greenwood because they have the best coffee. :)

Unfortunately, Grand Forks was taken off the list of coming Superchargers over a year ago -> Tesla Canada Superchargers. I don't know why because with the mountain passes around Grand Forks, a Supercharger in the Boundary would be real helpful. For information the Flo CCS in Grand Forks are only a 50amp you are better to stop in Greenwood where they have a 100amp. I think Christina Lake Flo also has a 100amp.
Just saw this story on DriveTeslaCanada....maybe Grand Forks is back on the table and looks like it will be V4, 350kW and CCS available.

• Informative
Reactions: NSTM3
Did you play BC Supercharger Bingo (A&W, Canadian Tire, etc) ? :)
I did eat at the A&W in Castlegar! Actually a pretty good value for fast food. Decent burger, frosty mug of root beer, and poutine (well worth the $3 upcharge).

I just needed Castlegar and Milk River to finish off Western Canada and then I cleaned up eastern Canada this past week. I am likely the only person to charge at every supercharger in Canada (for now).