Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Castlegar, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Underground work is done. They are tamping down the dirt this morning. I asked one of the workers where they were headed next and he said they were going to Surrey.
I’d post a picture but I don’t have an account with any of the allowed systems. 😀
I just stopped by to check and have one!

Attachments

• CF0C4191-E6CC-4EE8-A94F-C87EAA98B2CE.jpeg
    CF0C4191-E6CC-4EE8-A94F-C87EAA98B2CE.jpeg
    571.1 KB · Views: 224
Underground work is done. They are tamping down the dirt this morning. I asked one of the workers where they were headed next and he said they were going to Surrey.
I’d post a picture but I don’t have an account with any of the allowed systems. 😀
Did they say that they were going to Surrey to work on a Supercharger? I ask because a lot of the work on the new Supercharger in North Surrey is now complete (as per updates posted earlier today). There are proposed new Superchargers in South Surrey and Delta on the Tesla map but those are not supposed to happen until well into next year.

Did they say that they were going to Surrey to work on a Supercharger? I ask because a lot of the work on the new Supercharger in North Surrey is now complete (as per updates posted earlier today). There are proposed new Superchargers in South Surrey and Delta on the Tesla map but those are not supposed to happen until well into next year.
I’m not sure. He just said “Surrey”.

They are installing the first SuperCharger unit as we speak. The CHAD/Combo chargers have also been install. I snapped a few photos but I still haven't figured out how to upload them. @ItsNotAboutTheMoney, I tried pasting the photos in like you suggest, but it doesn't seem to be working (I tried from both my phone and my computer). I must be doing something wrong.
.....they are blurry photos anyways. :)

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
They are installing the first SuperCharger unit as we speak. The CHAD/Combo chargers have also been install. I snapped a few photos but I still haven't figured out how to upload them. @ItsNotAboutTheMoney, I tried pasting the photos in like you suggest, but it doesn't seem to be working (I tried from both my phone and my computer). I must be doing something wrong.
At the bottom of your post there is "Attach files" put in your pictures by using this. This is how my above picture

You might have to post a few more times to get "permissions" to post photos. Not sure if the forum is still set up that way, but it used to require 10 posts before you could post pictures as some type of defence against bots or spammers.

Reactions: GFBurch
Looks like South Surrey, BC - Supercharger is indeed happening sooner than expected.

those are the supercharger cabinets, the utility transformers are typically green in colour. I wonder if the location for it is off frame to the left. I know the location for the one at Jasper was a bit always from the supercharger cabinets.
Well, I stopped there last night and walked around the site. It is highly unlikely that the Fortis transformer location would be off to the left as it is farthest away from the electrical power poles and there is no pipe coming from the ground there. My guess is that if it is on the ground it will be just in front of the white cabinets you can see in the attached pictures that there is a pipe coming from the ground there. There is enough room however there is no cement pad or bollards there or anywhere else that would provide protection for it. The other interesting fact is that there is no visible place for a meter on the white cabinets, maybe it will be behind one of the panels?

Attachments

• 2021-11-07 Castlegar Supercharge 1.jpg
    2021-11-07 Castlegar Supercharge 1.jpg
    736.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 2021-11-07 Castlegar Supercharge 2.jpg
    2021-11-07 Castlegar Supercharge 2.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 2021-11-07 Castlegar Supercharge 3.jpg
    2021-11-07 Castlegar Supercharge 3.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 101
  • 2021-11-07 Castlegar Supercharge 4.jpg
    2021-11-07 Castlegar Supercharge 4.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
Maybe check by that existing transformer in front of the BMO. That lone conduit is far too close to the switchgear cabinet for it to be associated with the transformer, unless it's just a marker showing where the contractors stubbed the conduit.