Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Castlegar, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ignore the 1400km of border with no supercharger connections.
The connection to Couer d'Alene is easy now. Connection to Great Falls is not that bad. Estevan will be a big help in providing some flexibility in getting to/from the Dakotas. It isn't GREAT but there's been some progress. Even traveling north/south in the US Great Plains requires planning and careful driving.

Reactions: IdaX
Should we be concerned that the Tesla website now says this SC won’t open until Q4. I’m pretty sure it said Q2 the last time I looked at their website.

Castlegar, BC | Tesla
You are correct; back in April when the Tesla map was previously updated, Castlegar showed as Q2. I think that their map has been changed in the last few days. Nakusp was also changed, from Q4 to Q1 2023.

Still no meter, was by there yesterday.

Attachments

• PXL_20220716_233338841.jpg
    PXL_20220716_233338841.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 72
This is total BS!! This supercharger is critical to easy flow on Hwy3. Either this or Grand Forks needs to get up pronto. I can leave Cranbrook at 100% and would need to stop an hour away at Creston to get back up near 100% to contend with the Kootenay and Paulson passes to make Osoyoos. Not impressed at all with the planning involved here. Cranbrook and Fernie both came online at the same time, and no need for both tbh. Castlegar is a critical charger and we've been waiting for years to get it up!!! Come tf on!!!! 😡

Everything looks like it's installed to me. So like above poster said, probably just waiting for Fortis and then commissioning. There are a couple Flo superchargers and a free slow charger about a block away. I've seen Teslas, Bolts, and Hyunda's charging up there the past few days.

This is total BS!! This supercharger is critical to easy flow on Hwy3. Either this or Grand Forks needs to get up pronto. I can leave Cranbrook at 100% and would need to stop an hour away at Creston to get back up near 100% to contend with the Kootenay and Paulson passes to make Osoyoos. Not impressed at all with the planning involved here. Cranbrook and Fernie both came online at the same time, and no need for both tbh. Castlegar is a critical charger and we've been waiting for years to get it up!!! Come tf on!!!! 😡
There are a couple 100kw Flo chargers about a block away. There is also a free slow charger there, so you would not be totally stuck. Btw, this site also has a couple 100kw (?) Flo chargers in addition to the Tesla only chargers.

Should we be concerned that the Tesla website now says this SC won’t open until Q4. I’m pretty sure it said Q2 the last time I looked at their website.

Castlegar, BC | Tesla
Normally, once the xfmr is installed, it’s not long until gets finished and turned on.The fact that map now showing q4 instead of q2 makes me wonder if it turned out the utility did not have enough power in the town and having to upgrade transmission lines or such? Either way, this is heading for record construction time. Hope it gets done before the snow starts flying!

Reactions: IdaX
Normally, once the xfmr is installed, it’s not long until gets finished and turned on.The fact that map now showing q4 instead of q2 makes me wonder if it turned out the utility did not have enough power in the town and having to upgrade transmission lines or such? Either way, this is heading for record construction time. Hope it gets done before the snow starts flying!
Typically that sort of thing is worked out before the transformer box is installed, so new poles and lines can be put in place.

Could be someone missed a memo I guess, but I’m betting it’s something else.

There are more than half a dozen massive hydroelectric dams within 20 km of this SuperCharger. A lack of power better not be the problem. 😊

Stoppped on my trip to castlegar. Was actually going to Canadian tire for some tires and saw the charger there. Doesn’t even open the charger door so no power to it at all. Fernie chargers at east opened the charger door a few weeks before it actually came online. I agree this one not being up is a bit annoying. Especially for anyone in a short range. I didn’t find it too bad charging all the way up in creston but come deep of winter it won’t be possible