Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Castlegar, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just dropped by! And yes no power but should be very close!

8E38CB4C-4E95-44B4-BFFB-35352A4CDE20.jpeg

After further research. this doesn't look to even be available in Canada. In fact its quite expensive to buy on the open market (ie. Facebook). I also read on Reddit that they are moving away from it and going to a CCS1 connector? I just want to make sure I get the proper adapter in emergency quick charge cases.
Yeah, Tesla sold the Chademo adapter in Canada (and the US) until roughly last November, and then they pulled it off the site, presumably in anticipation of the new CCS1 adapter. The CCS1 adapter is for sale direct from Tesla in Korea, but not anywhere else so far. Also, the CCS adapter won’t work on all Tesla’s, just the newer ones from I think 2020ish on. There’s a way to check if CCS support is enabled on your car. from what I hear older Tesla’s will be able to be upgraded.

Reactions: 54321bam
Yeah, Tesla sold the Chademo adapter in Canada (and the US) until roughly last November, and then they pulled it off the site, presumably in anticipation of the new CCS1 adapter. The CCS1 adapter is for sale direct from Tesla in Korea, but not anywhere else so far. Also, the CCS adapter won’t work on all Tesla’s, just the newer ones from I think 2020ish on. There’s a way to check if CCS support is enabled on your car. from what I hear older Tesla’s will be able to be upgraded.
Model 3 and Model Y can install an upgraded ECU provided the owner can get one from Tesla. From a recent visit to a service center by someone else here on TMC, Tesla service personnel are giving hints that Tesla may offer this as a service center/mobile ranger option in the near future.

I have not heard anything confirmed regarding S and X.

This is what Tesla service had to say about my CHadeMo adapter:
"Regarding your chademo adapter we have discontinued the resale of this item as it is currently not compatible with our newer vehicles, including your Model S. It will continue to work on older Model 3's if you'd like to consider reselling it."
How much will you sell it for?

This is what Tesla service had to say about my CHadeMo adapter:
"Regarding your chademo adapter we have discontinued the resale of this item as it is currently not compatible with our newer vehicles, including your Model S. It will continue to work on older Model 3's if you'd like to consider reselling it."
I think that tech might be incorrect.

Worth finding a plug and trying it yourself IMHO.

Anyone been by lately? Again we are looking for the glass faced electrical meter which is/will be installed on the gray panel on the right hand side of the green electrical transformer as per DuckNut12's picture here.
Nothing this morning when I drove by. I'll let you know if there's a meter installed when I drive by tonight on my way home.