Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Castlegar, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hard to believe something that looks complete can take so long to go than last little bit.
Question,
Has anybody driven between Osoyoos SC and Creston SC on full charge in 2021 SR+? In car navigation does not seem to allow it. Planning on heading that way in a few weeks.

Hard to believe something that looks complete can take so long to go than last little bit.
Question,
Has anybody driven between Osoyoos SC and Creston SC on full charge in 2021 SR+? In car navigation does not seem to allow it. Planning on heading that way in a few weeks.
Yes I did exactly that a few weeks ago. I have a Chademo adapter that I used in Castlegar but without it I'd recommend stopping in Greenwood and using the free Tesla charger on the side of the visitor center. Think I got about 7kw there and there's also the same thing in the Christina Lake visitor center as well. Then do some more level 2 charging in Castlegar to top up and you should be good. If you want to confirm all that use ABRP (A Better Route Planner) app for planning trips in electric cars. It's free on the Google play store or Apple iTunes.

Reactions: Nogassssssss
Still no meter.. I saw 6 Teslas between osoyoos and castlegar on the number 3 though. People are making it work, and I’m glad I have my CCS adapter and a few 100kw stations to choose from
149E7F46-0D06-4C27-B923-25C7DB6A216D.jpeg

Question,
I drove Cranbrook to Osoyoos (before the Creston supercharger had opened) in a Model S. There are a ton of HPWCs along that route, mostly at museums and visitor centres. I used HPWCs in Creston (you won't need to do that with a supercharger there obv) and Christina Lake. There were Flo chargers in both of those locations as well (and I think in some other locations too) so if you have a Chademo or CCS adapter, you can go that route and never have to L2 charge if you like.

Reactions: IdaX and bruce4000
Well the Tesla "find us" map is updated and back to saying these chargers will be operational this quarter, Q3. It's absolutely pathetic how long this has taken, Squamish was all built and up & running within about 5 or 6 weeks. There's a new site going to be built in Merritt as well as Mission. West Van is gone though and Vancouver has a new one coming.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220808_222629_com.brave.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20220808_222629_com.brave.browser.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: bruce4000
Squamish is BC Hydro, Castlegar is hurry up and wait Fortis. Who is going to call them and complain?
I contacted Fortis BC - here is the request & response:
-------------------------------------
Hello Fortis BC,
I’m inquiring about a Tesla Supercharger in Castlegar that’s been under construction for 298 days !!!
According to a Tesla Motors Club website the construction at Castlegar has been completed for months – including the main transformer – the only thing missingthe METER !!!
Please advise on when this meter will be installed?
---------------------------------------
Here is the response from Draydan Power, Fortis BC
---------------------------------------
Hi,
I’m digging into this with the Distribution team to get an answer and will reach back out as soon as I hear. As a side note, FortisBC operates the electric system in Creston, Osoyoos, Princeton, and Kelowna. Our service territory covers the Okanagan, Boundary, and West Kootenays. We also operate our own network of DCFC stations throughout our service territory, so if you have a SAE or CHAdeMO adapter, you are well covered in the Kootenays and Okanagan by us! I understand your preference is to use the Tesla stations so I’ll get back to you with that information.
Thanks,
Draydan Power, P.Eng. (he/him)
Manager, EV Infrastructure & Investment
W: 250-304-1436
C: 250-718-9336
[email protected]

I have a good friend who manages projects for Fortis.

He made inquiries and says the issue is that Fortis needs to change the transformer on the street coming into this charging station. I guess with the number of spots @ this charger, there is a potential to draw a large amount of electricity. Good thing there are 2 dams within 5 km of this charger😝😝

He made inquiries and says the issue is that Fortis needs to change the transformer on the street coming into this charging station. I guess with the number of spots @ this charger, there is a potential to draw a large amount of electricity. Good thing there are 2 dams within 5 km of this charger😝😝
One would think they would have figured this out during initial project scoping and had it completed sooner?

Reactions: JamesBond

One has to wonder if there is not a way to turn on a couple of the chargers in the interim.

• Funny
Reactions: PLUS EV