Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Castlegar, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We’ve got Castlegar! This Supercharger should be located at the Canadian Tire on Columbia (2000 Columbia Ave).

Will add on Supercharge Info!!!
Canadian Tire to install 240 fast chargers before year-end | Electric Autonomy Canada
https://electricautonomy.ca/wp-cont...p-as-of-January-2020-Source-Canadian-Tire.pdf
78B7ED59-B74E-47BD-B5E0-C49954806105.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Castlegar, BC

Along National Highways: BC-3
Along Provincial Highways (<=8km): BC-22

BC-3

To: Fort MacLeod, AB - 482.7 km
Diversion: 1.4 km
To: TCH at Medicine Hat, AB - 696.4 km

BC-22:

BC-22

To: BC-3 Castlegar, BC - 0.6 km
Diversion: 0.1 km

Another Canadian Tire location that would help to create a route on BC-3.

Awesome, now all I need is Cranbrook, BC. I’ve stopped there on my last three spring trips. Loaded with bicycles, it’s a serious energy draw and several hours on the J1772 (or 30-40 min on the Chademo) were required to make my hotel in Radium Hot Springs. Maybe I’ll revise my next trip.

Castlegar, BC

Along National Highways: BC-3
Along Provincial Highways (<=8km): BC-22

BC-3

To: Fort MacLeod, AB - 482.7 km
Diversion: 1.4 km
To: TCH at Medicine Hat, AB - 696.4 km

BC-22:

BC-22

To: BC-3 Castlegar, BC - 0.6 km
Diversion: 0.1 km

Another Canadian Tire location that would help to create a route on BC-3.
This also connects the superchargers in Spokane and Couer d'Alene with the superchargers in BC. As it is now you need to schedule a non-supercharger charging stop somewhere to make that crossing.

Awesome, now all I need is Cranbrook, BC. I’ve stopped there on my last three spring trips. Loaded with bicycles, it’s a serious energy draw and several hours on the J1772 (or 30-40 min on the Chademo) were required to make my hotel in Radium Hot Springs. Maybe I’ll revise my next trip.

Agreed, Cranbrook would be awesome as it would complete Hwy 3’s Supercharger coverage.

upload_2020-3-29_9-49-11.png

Tesla shows Fernie, Creston, Grand Forks, Castlegar, Osoyoos, Princeton on hwy 3 ... but NOT Cranbrook!

View attachment 527168
Tesla shows Fernie, Creston, Grand Forks, Castlegar, Osoyoos, Princeton on hwy 3 ... but NOT Cranbrook!

Putting one in Cranbrook would mean only 100km between each supercharger from Fernie to Creston without much of any dramatic elevation changes across the Rocky Mountain trench. After Creston heading West, there are considerable mountain passes to climb over.

Where I see a hole would be in Invermere (or maybe Radium) to link to the Golden superchargers going up hwy 95 (123km), or the Canmore supercharger via Kootenay Park (173km). The lake Invermere area is a common destination for those with 2nd (or 3rd;) homes from Calgary. Calgary to Invermere is 275km. Fernie to Invermere is 211km, Creston to Invermere is 239km. So Invermere would make sense as a midway point between Fernie, Creston, Golden, and Canmore Superchargers.

Then there is the missing link between the Missoula MT Supercharger and Golden/Canmore. I think there might be a plan for one in Kalispell (335km to Invermere. 516km Missoula to Invermere). In this instance as well as for hwy 3 generally, it might make more sense to have one in Jaffray near the junction of hwy3 and 93/95 instead of in Fernie. There is already a BChydro ccs/chademo Flo charger there, and Fernie is more of a weekend destination for Albertan's with several level 2 chargers already there. Missoula to Jaffray is 355km with Kalispell halfway in between, and Jaffray to Invermere is 162km. Fort Macleod Supercharger to Jaffray is 210km, and Jaffray to Creston is 152km.