Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Cats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

israndy

Supercharger Hunter
Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
Is it just me or do all the Superchargers have groups of cats that come out at night:

IMG_4660.jpeg

This was at the Buttonwillow charger on I5, I know there is a large contingent at the Santa Nella charger, and this afternoon at Kettleman I saw cats there too. Perhaps it's just a California/Interstate 5 thing, but I think I even saw them at the Dublin charger when I ran out of juice on the way back into town.

Is this where such a post should go? Always nervous when it's not obviously a post about the Model 3 where I should put it.

-Randy

i am giving this thread a bump. I recently became aware of these cats at the Kettleman superchargers. I contacted the local humane society and they are aware of the situation and are trying to help. Apparently there are about 60 cats and kittens in this area that the local humane society is working to spay/neuter to prevent the population from growing even larger. One female cat can have on average 6 kittens per litter, and multiple litters per year. The Humane Society coordinator I spoke with today said they received one donation to returning to the area to spay/neuter 16 more cats in a few weeks. I am going to organize a GoFundMe page for the remaining cats. I was told it is $60 per cat to spay/neuter. I am hoping to find 60 Tesla lovers to cover one of each of the remaining cats -- is there anyone here willing to help? Being that this colony is at a supercharger, and Tesla owners are more environmentally conscious forward people, I'd love to make this happen for this community.

I am posting an update on this fundraiser: we have raised enough funds for 5 additional cats to be helped. We still have a ways to go. The good news is Kings county animal services will be going to the area this week to start trapping. Also, a local TV station wants to run a story this week. We can use any help that anyone can offer -- I am hoping that we can get Tesla owners to pitch in especially to showcase our care and concern for the environment and those that we share our world with. Tesla owners especially care about these issues and with the TV exposure, I'd love to get some good press going. And who knows, maybe we can get Tesla corporate to see our story and pitch in. If you can help, please consider donating. And if you cant donate, please share with other owners and animal lovers. One cat is $60 for trapping, spaying and potentially adopting out. $60 is what my last car would cost for a tank of gas. One cat can have dozens of kitten litters per year. If there are 60 cats today living at this supercharger, next year there will be hundreds. Please help, it's a life of total suffering for them that we have the chance to change.

Thank you!!

Reactions: preilly44