Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cayce, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Site is under construction and nearly complete. Not the best location, imo, as there's not much in the way of amenities.
Liquor store and Sonic - what else do you need??

Do you have a picture? Number of stalls? Do I have the pin in the right spot?
1674445888972.png

Reactions: WVhybrid
Not the best location, imo, as there's not much in the way of amenities.
Are the burger place, subway and coffee place closed?

I-26! End of I-77. US-21/US-176/US-321 and in a pinch US-1.

Doesn't look too bad to me for amenities. Looks reasonable for most of the day, but if the Sonic doesn't have a restroom and you're there middle of the night, you might need to stop at the Pilot.

Reactions: MWhy
There is a Subway in the shopping center that is open till 9PM on weekdays, closes earlier on the weekends.

This will certainly be an easier in & out for I-26 traveling compared to the Supercharge at Harbison Blvd in Columbia.

I was hoping they would start on the Spartanburg location before this spot.

Last edited:
Awesome!

Location looks great to me. This will easily be my destination of choice if I need to stop in Columbia.

Right off the highway. Bojangles across the street and QT down the street. Maybe a little quiet since the grocery store that used to anchor the shopping complex is gone (based on Google Street View) but I much rather come here than 8910 Farrow Rd. Obviously v3 is a very important part of that equation too.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
There is a Subway in the shopping center that is open till 9PM on weekdays, closes earlier on the weekends.

This will certainly be an easier in & out for I-26 traveling compared to the Supercharge at Harbison Blvd in Columbia.

I was hoping they would start on the Spartanburg location before this spot.
Maybe an easy and fast agreement given the loss of the anchor store.

Reactions: MWhy
Tesla is really filling in the Columbia area, likely bc it is a crossroads for so many interstates. They need more in the upstate but they are getting there with the new Greenville site and the Spartanburg site coming soon. One in Gaffney at the outlets would likely be a great spot as well to fill in the heavily traveled I-85 corridor since the Spartanburg one is more off I-26 than I-85.

It is wild to me that Charleston still only has that one measly 8 stall in North Charleston. I know there is a permit for one way out there at the Citadel mall, but they really need some more sites down there. One in Mt Pleasant is a must. Hell HHI is tiny and has two!

Are the burger place, subway and coffee place closed?

I-26! End of I-77. US-21/US-176/US-321 and in a pinch US-1.

Doesn't look too bad to me for amenities. Looks reasonable for most of the day, but if the Sonic doesn't have a restroom and you're there middle of the night, you might need to stop at the Pilot.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It isn't really a good restroom stop, especially at off-hours. I was surprised at how busy the little bar/burger place was. I wonder if the coffee shop is good?

Cayce, SC

Host Type: Mall
Host: Cayce Crossing
Along Primary Interstates: I-26
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-1, US-21, US-176, US-321
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-1

To: Columbia, SC (v2) - 20.7 miles
Diversion: 8.4 miles
To: Columbia - Town Center Place, SC - 22.8 miles

US-21

To: Columbia, SC (v2) - 19 miles
Diversion: 0.3 miles
To: Fort Mill, SC - 90.4 miles

US-176

To: End (US-52 Goose Creek, SC) - 90.9 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles

US-321

To: Gastonia, NC - 108.7 miles (Permit)
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Hickory, NC (v2) - 143 miles

Another Columbia-area I-26 Supercharger.
Also at the start of I-77, and on several US Numbered Highways.

Reactions: jsight