Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cedar Park, Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Twiglett

Single pedal driver
Oct 3, 2014
Austin
Just seen the updated Supercharger maps and spotted a new location north of Austin.
Looks like its on the corner of 183 (not the toll road) and Cypress Creek Road.
Now I'm looking to see if Cedar Park has an online permit tracking site :)
Going to exploring later today to see where they would put it, there is a gas station right where the marker is on the map.

I wonder if it will be one of the new "urban" Superchargers that were referenced in today's Tesla blog post. If so, I could see it going in the new shopping center at 183A and Whitestone that includes Whole Foods 365 and Nordstrom Rack, or potentially down closer to Costco. Lots to do there and various dining options.

I don't see myself using it much but it would be awesome to have nearby in case I'm in a pinch and need to charge up quicker than the home NEMA 14-50.

I agree. We're close by and also have a NEMA 14-50, so probably one of the only times we'd really use it is if we had a very short turnaround for some reason. That said, I'd at least have to try it out when it opens. For science, of course.

Reactions: vrykolas
I don't see myself using it much but it would be awesome to have nearby in case I'm in a pinch and need to charge up quicker than the home NEMA 14-50.
I'm the same, I'm really close if this is the location.
At first I was wondering why here, thinking that home owners were not the target for this one, it is pretty close to 183A which would be a valid route out north west - maybe...

I'm the same, I'm really close if this is the location.
At first I was wondering why here, thinking that home owners were not the target for this one, it is pretty close to 183A which would be a valid route out north west - maybe...

They are building tons of condos/apartments in the Cedar Park and Leander area though. I can think of a couple on Reagan/Parmer and several along 183 that are currently under construction.

It could also be on the route out towards the hill country, so maybe I'm off base thinking it will be the urban model, and it will be a regular Supercharger. It will be interesting to watch and see!

Reactions: Billstickers