TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Cedar Park, Texas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Twiglett, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

Just seen the updated Supercharger maps and spotted a new location north of Austin.
    Looks like its on the corner of 183 (not the toll road) and Cypress Creek Road.
    Now I'm looking to see if Cedar Park has an online permit tracking site :)
    Going to exploring later today to see where they would put it, there is a gas station right where the marker is on the map.

• Like x 2
  2. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

The Cedar Park one is listed as "by end of 2018". That gives plenty of time to research the permit process :)

Also, the pins are typically at the city name text location in google maps. Most have not been precise.

3. Twiglett

Yep - the one for north Austin still shows North Loop, even though its really being built on Middle Fiskville

4. mozart626

mozart626 Member

I wonder if it will be one of the new "urban" Superchargers that were referenced in today's Tesla blog post. If so, I could see it going in the new shopping center at 183A and Whitestone that includes Whole Foods 365 and Nordstrom Rack, or potentially down closer to Costco. Lots to do there and various dining options.

5. Kcharwood

Kcharwood Member

I live in Cedar Park. Pumped.

6. Billstickers

Billstickers Member

I also live in Cedar Park. I hope it gets installed near the Costco/Nordstrom Rack shopping center but I wouldn't be surprised if they installed it near the Target on the other side of 183A.

7. mozart626

mozart626 Member

Well, I'm right near these at least 3 times per week, so I'm hoping it's somewhere in that area and looking forward to trying it!

8. Billstickers

Billstickers Member

I don't see myself using it much but it would be awesome to have nearby in case I'm in a pinch and need to charge up quicker than the home NEMA 14-50.

9. mozart626

mozart626 Member

I agree. We're close by and also have a NEMA 14-50, so probably one of the only times we'd really use it is if we had a very short turnaround for some reason. That said, I'd at least have to try it out when it opens. For science, of course.

• Like x 1
  10. Twiglett

I'm the same, I'm really close if this is the location.
    At first I was wondering why here, thinking that home owners were not the target for this one, it is pretty close to 183A which would be a valid route out north west - maybe...

11. mozart626

mozart626 Member

They are building tons of condos/apartments in the Cedar Park and Leander area though. I can think of a couple on Reagan/Parmer and several along 183 that are currently under construction.

It could also be on the route out towards the hill country, so maybe I'm off base thinking it will be the urban model, and it will be a regular Supercharger. It will be interesting to watch and see!

• Like x 1
  12. Twiglett

As the location is likely to be approximate, I'm wondering if its really connected with this local development?
    It would seem to make sense.

• Like x 2
  13. mozart626

mozart626 Member

Wow, I hadn't heard of that. Yes, that would make a lot of sense.

• Helpful x 1