Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Centennial, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MorrisonHiker

Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
After reading the Lone Tree thread we decided to scout out potential locations for a new Supercharger in the area. Looking at the map, I figured close to Wahoo's or Jason's and Deli and I was right! It's closer to Stickley's Fine Furniture but Jason's Deli and Wahoo's are really close. This is in the Centennial Promenade shopping center which is across County Line from Park Meadows.

12 new v3 Superchargers under construction!

39.5672182, -104.8779278

IMG_20200228_203216.jpg
20200228_165409.jpg
20200228_165425.jpg
20200228_165525.jpg
20200228_165558.jpg
20200228_165618.jpg

@MarcoRP , please add to supercharger.info. @Armadillos , thanks for the heads-up!

Last edited:
After reading the Lone Tree thread we decided to scout out potential locations for a new Supercharger in the area. Looking at the map, I figured close to Wahoo's or Jason's and Deli and I was right! It's closer to Stickley's Fine Furniture but Jason's Deli and Wahoo's are really close. This is in the Centennial Promenade shopping center which is across Country Line from Park Meadows.

12 new v3 Superchargers under construction!

39.5672182, -104.8779278

View attachment 516207 View attachment 516208 View attachment 516209 View attachment 516215 View attachment 516217 View attachment 516219

@MarcoRP , please add to supercharger.info. @Armadillos , thanks for the heads-up!
You told me you’d find one around here and you did! Will add on Supercharge Info!!

They seem oddly close to the park meadows location. Not complaining, because that location is full all the time. But an interesting location choice.
This location isn't in as busy of a spot as the Park Meadows location so it shouldn't back up traffic much, even when full. Also it will be v3 so charges so be faster than at Park Meadows. We were always surprised with the Park Meadows location since it was placed in a lot that was always very busy to begin with.

Are they closing down the Park Meadows ones or are these going to be additional?
Good question. The existing location is always busy and is only v2 which pairs Superchargers, slowing charging speeds. This location will be v3 so it should be somewhat faster as there won't be pairing between stalls.

They've already invested in the Park Meadows location and it would cost them to remove it after only 2 years. Maybe they will upgrade it to v3 as well once this new location is up and running. Maybe they will leave it as-is it. Maybe they will totally remove it. o_O

• Funny
Reactions: HillCountryFun
I feel like they will leave park meadows open. The new location across the road would make it significantly less busy. I think it would be a strategic move to have a v3 really close to a v2 that is in the parking lot of a Tesla store. Some potential customers may be turned off by seeing an overcrowded charger when they go for a test drive.

• Helpful
I think maybe the idea is if you have a charger that is consistently 99% used, why would you put one further away? Demand is exceeding supply, so putting one nearby should decrease some of the load. I feel like that second location makes a tons of sense for anyone that's not shopping but is actually on a road trip and PM will remain more of a destination charger

I think maybe the idea is if you have a charger that is consistently 99% used, why would you put one further away? Demand is exceeding supply, so putting one nearby should decrease some of the load. I feel like that second location makes a tons of sense for anyone that's not shopping but is actually on a road trip and PM will remain more of a destination charger

Total agree with that statement, it still offers food etc but not a mall which may bring a little extra traffic.

Also once the new site is up maybe they be able to take it offline and upgrade to V3 as well, for a total of 22 V3 stalls?

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
We travel frequently to Highlands Ranch near Park Meadows Mall. We stay with family in the area. We first used the "temporary" set of 4 superchargers in the mall parking structure. We were pleased when the 10 better ones opened out in the mall parking lot. However, as others have noted, charging at the mall chargers has become a challenge with so much demand. We will be pleased to see these new chargers completed north of County Line Rd. We will prefer them due to their speed and nearby food choices. Hopefully cars waiting to charge will not be seen at this new site for awhile.

Given that there are so few other sites in Denver, seems silly to have half the chargers in metro area in these two locations right next to each other. Not complaining because they are a few miles from my house, but seems illogical.

Given that there are so few other sites in Denver, seems silly to have half the chargers in metro area in these two locations right next to each other. Not complaining because they are a few miles from my house, but seems illogical.
Kind of like how Tesla has three service centers in like a 5 state radius & all three are located less than 30 minutes from each other around the Denver metro area? Nobody ever accused Tesla of making logical decisions based on it's client's needs.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: sdoorex and Reeler