Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Centerville, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can somebody explain what’s going on here? The site was never completed was it? What does “offline” mean? Is there an electrical problem with the transformer or something else?

Well, the additional work wasn't completed, but the site was up.

Offline means the site has been temporarily closed.

Centerville charger is offline due to transformer damage... Unknown when it will be available again.

Well, from the photo it was actually somebody who drove into the distribution cabinet, so at least it's an internal dependency.

@corywright Showed back up in nav

May be limited to just 8 for now?

45E0F42D-B8F8-44CF-9B5F-466CF17A6C57.jpeg

@corywright Showed back up in nav

May be limited to just 8 for now?

View attachment 795683
makes sense. each cabinet = 4 chargers supported. only one of the 3 cabinets is damaged... hence 8 chargers still work.

my guess is some construction vehicle bumped into the cabinet but it takes real talent to have that much force to move concrete pillars and then still hit the cabinet...

Reactions: PStewart

Well, from the photo it was actually somebody who drove into the distribution cabinet, so at least it's an internal dependency.
I see a picture of a damaged Supercharger cabinet. The message I asked about reported a problem with the transformer. The site was never declared online but the message said it was now offline.

A Supercharger Cabinet can probably be repaired or replaced from inventory and wouldn’t (usually) bring the whole site down. A damaged or failed transformer will take the site down and replacement would perhaps take months.

I’m going to assume that OP improperly described the “white thing”.

If anybody has a better site status, please speak up.

Reactions: drdumont
I see a picture of a damaged Supercharger cabinet. The message I asked about reported a problem with the transformer. The site was never declared online but the message said it was now offline.

A Supercharger Cabinet can probably be repaired or replaced from inventory and wouldn’t (usually) bring the whole site down. A damaged or failed transformer will take the site down and replacement would perhaps take months.

I’m going to assume that OP improperly described the “white thing”.

If anybody has a better site status, please speak up.
I'm betting power got taken down so the construction crew working adjacent could tap into the transformer for the eventual stations that will go there. Although it doesn't make sense either because I thought they do that towards the end of the build but who knows how these crews work.

The cabinet incident was a separate "unplanned" event.

100% speculating here tho.

And that’s why they tend to fence in the equipment
seriously... let's hope nobody backs into the green transformer as that would take the entire site down. maybe they can put a nice fence around the equipment at some later point. at least 8 out of 12 are still live ... without centerville the huntsville SC gets seriously busy

More construction noted this weekend--concrete work in progress. I counted 8 more signposts on the right end as placeholders for charging spots.
that's great... but with Madisonville just a few miles further south now having 24x (!) V3 chargers at Buc-cee's ... does Centerville really need 20x stalls? At this point they might as well close shop in Huntsville and instead please put desperately more chargers between DFW and OKC. Ardmore is a complete and painful joke on a busy travel weekend.

Reactions: CarlS
Is there anything indicating the new spots will be Superchargers? Rivian has a permit for Centerville at Woody's, I would imagine its for those, unless there's something definitive about the new spots to say they're Superchargers.

thank you. this makes a lot more sense. Rivian adding a few stalls on the busy Dallas-Houston corridor instead of adding even more SCs on a route which already has Corsicana - Centerville - Madisonville - Huntsville...