Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Centralia, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: The first 14 pages of this thread are a merge of two different threads about the Centralia, WA Supercharger.

I was inspired by TurboFroggy to look for electrical permits. I found this just now on the L&I website.

frmViewInspection

Summary: A D K Electric Inc applied for an electrical permit (on 5/16/13) on behalf of Tesla to install 10 electric car charging stations at 1200 Lum Road, Centralia (you were right v12)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job finding that!

Bummer it's not within walking distance of a park - would have loved to have had it next to Burgerville and Riverside park, but I'll take what I can get.

Fort Borst Park is a couple blocks to the south. It is a nicer park and it is huge by comparison. Kids can fish for free and there are swings, slides etc.
I might need to wander over to Burgerville for a double cheeseburger anyway. I walked it before and it is an easy stroll on a dry day.

This location is great as it is on the side with the most to do. When we charged at the Aerovironment charger (by Burgerville) their is just a few stores. The Supercharger side has about three times as many stores.

centralia supercharger.PNG

No kidding DD. Excellent location. Easy on/off I5. This is exactly what I was hoping for. There are a lot of outlet stores within about 100 yards not to mention a number of fast food restaurants. There is also a park about 1/4 mile away. More on the other side of I5, about 1/2 mile away (near the burgerville).

Could we be seeing a trend? Burlington has outlet stores. Centralia with factory outlet stores is 150 miles from Burlington. Guess what, Woodburn, OR has factory outlets and is 121 miles from Centralia! Hmmmm.

There's a factory outlet in Phoenix OR, but it's 250 miles from Woodburn, so there has to be something somewhere around Eugene. Roseburg would be perfect, but there isn't an outlet mall there. :(

FWIW - I don't see it either, XrstalLens. There is no "Description" section for me.

• View Inspections - Permit, Applicant, Inspection Site subsections
  • Requests (just headings, no content)
  • Inspections (just headings, no content)
  • Details (just headings, no content)

Updated - Ah, there we go (his updated post).

Could we be seeing a trend? Burlington has outlet stores. Centralia with factory outlet stores is 150 miles from Burlington. Guess what, Woodburn, OR has factory outlets and is 121 miles from Centralia! Hmmmm.

There's a factory outlet in Phoenix OR, but it's 250 miles from Woodburn, so there has to be something somewhere around Eugene. Roseburg would be perfect, but there isn't an outlet mall there. :(

I did a little speculating a while back about locations that made sense in Oregon. Basically I looked at ~150 mile jumps up I-5 from the existing Superchargers in California and came up with this:http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/10354-Pacific-NW-Superchargers/page5?p=303672&viewfull=1#post303672