Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cerritos, CA - Los Cerritos Center (LIVE 4 Sep 2020, 20 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I know where the Cerritos Superchargers may be installed. There is new construction starting at the corner of the Los Cerritos Center west of Gridley and north of 184th. They have fenced off the parking spaces in that area.

Good find! Keep an eye out for any Tesla creates (or recognisable Tesla components) appearing! :)

Looks like here - which part of the car park is it?

upload_2020-3-8_19-18-40.png

I think I know where the Cerritos Superchargers may be installed. There is new construction starting at the corner of the Los Cerritos Center west of Gridley and north of 184th. They have fenced off the parking spaces in that area.
Pictures of any work being done, trenching, etc. or any hardware/boxes on-site will help to quickly confirm whether this is the supercharger or not.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chuq
Good to see this one coming along. Will be following VERY closely as it will be the closest one to when it's finished and won't have to waste 20-30 miles just to supercharge elsewhere.

Need updates on Lakewood and especially Long Beach, which has been promised for years now.

Thanks for the update.

At least it’s something. I wasn’t sure if there would even be any construction with everything going on.

The world has basically shut down. As of last Friday Los Angeles county has requested that everything stay at home full time weekdays or weekends. They even closed all public parks, beaches, and trails in addition to everything else. We’re basically in lockdown for the most part in LA.

It would be nice to get something in the 150-250 range for sure. But I'll be happy with Urban. Cerritos is much closer than Westminster, my closest charger until Cerritos open. Lakewood, and Long Beach will be even closer, but who knows when.

Too bad it's only 11. Westminster has more than twice that.

Do those plastic covered tall crates have Superchargers inside?

Those tall ones are the V2 supercharger units, which are used for either urban (72 kW) or "classic" V2 (150 kW). I was about to say that with a couple of exceptions, there hasn't been a new 150 kW in the USA for quite some time. However there also hasn't been a new 72 kW either - so it still could be either.

• Informative
Reactions: otter
Those tall ones are the V2 supercharger units, which are used for either urban (72 kW) or "classic" V2 (150 kW). I was about to say that with a couple of exceptions, there hasn't been a new 150 kW in the USA for quite some time. However there also hasn't been a new 72 kW either - so it still could be either.
Tesla said they wouldn’t be doing any more permanent V2 (150kW) installations in North America (maybe not Mexico)

• Informative
Reactions: otter