Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Champaign, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3/12 update

2016-03-12 10.52.18.jpg
2016-03-12 10.51.16.jpg
2016-03-12 10.50.43.jpg
2016-03-12 10.50.20.jpg

It looks like significant progress has been made. Not sure about the conduits still on the ground. They appear to be ready for the fencing around the whole thing.

Still not working. Called Tesla roadside -- they didn't know why. Said their system says it was supposed to be commissioned yesterday.

My wife talked to Meijer who also say it was supposed to be on yesterday.

The Tesla guy implied it was an Ameren issue.

The final step is a Tesla employee will come out with a Model S and run tests on each charger. At that time they will place the labels on the bottom of the chargers 1a and 1b - 8a and 8b. (In the circles) Normally this is a day or so after the electrons stop their work.

The final step is a Tesla employee will come out with a Model S and run tests on each charger. At that time they will place the labels on the bottom of the chargers 1a and 1b - 8a and 8b. (In the circles) Normally this is a day or so after the electrons stop their work.

Hopefully the electricians stop their work and the electrons keep on movin'! :)

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I had a high school classmate pass away and need to make the Indy to Springfield run Thursday or Friday. I will check on supercharger over and back, and hopefully be able to use it. My battery has the graded 8 miles since the summer, where I made it to Springfield Illinois supercharger with 9 miles to spare...

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Slow down a bit and you can make it work. My S85 has degraded to ~245mi on a full charge, but in the last week I made trips of 255.8mi (256Wh/mi, arrived with 11 rated miles to spare) and 283.7mi (244Wh/mi, going 2-3mi past zero*). For the latter, I set the cruise at 55mph on the interstate, and then towards the end was driving 10-15mph below the speed limit on state highways and city streets. Don't go below 25mph though, because that's the point of diminishing returns (you'll actually use more energy at lower speeds).

*I don't generally recommend trying to go past zero, because I've personally had my car shut down on me with as much as 7mi rated range remaining, but that was in freezing temps with snow on the road, and this week it was fairly nice out for both of these stretched drives, so it appears weather has an effect on energy consumption and energy measurement.