TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Channelview, TX

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by SW2Fiddler, Dec 15, 2014.

1. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler We Are Cognitive Dissidents

Dear Santa Tesla, this kid is delighted. Texas has been getting so many goodies! If you want to drop some on Webster, we will leave you some awesome cookies...

2. SW2Fiddler

Breakfast buffet from 6:00 AM to 9 AM.

Four SC Cabinets but I see additional conduit in place - for expansion?

IMG_4507.JPG

3. SW2Fiddler

#63 SW2Fiddler, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    IMG_4498.JPG
    Four of the dual-mode spots.
    IMG_4505.JPG
    One accessibility "Use Last" slot.
    IMG_4506.JPG

4. SW2Fiddler

Aaaaaahhh! Unwrapping!

IMG_4500.JPG

IMG_4501.JPG
    IMG_4502.JPG

5. SW2Fiddler

This S is a loaner while Pearlie May has her annual physical.
    I feel ...unfaithful somehow.

IMG_4503.JPG

• Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
  6. SW2Fiddler

Your exit if Eastbound.

IMG_4495.JPG

• Love x 1
  7. SW2Fiddler

In-house restaurant / bar.

IMG_4510.JPG

• Informative x 2
  8. KublaConn

KublaConn Member

According to the info provided by Tesla themselves, this is supposed to be a 8-station SpC, so maybe they decided to pull back to four during construction and just leave the capability to expand at a future date. It could also be the case that the property owners decided that they didn't want to commit that many parking spaces at this time. It's definitely not one of the more "chock full o' amenities" locations, but fast juice is fast juice.

9. SW2Fiddler

It is eight stations. Four SC Cabinets and the stalls are 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, 4A, and 4B.
    There are additional conduit "stubs" in the enclosure, wide ones. Can't see the entire inside thru the gate gap.

10. LCR1

LCR1 Active Member

I know this is old but I found it funny I dated the desk manager for a while at this hotel and never knew these existed.

• Informative x 1
  11. JohnD

JohnD Member

Hmm. . . No one has had occasion to comment here in over a year.

I guess the site must be working fine all that time.
    I charged up at Channelview Supercharger today. One other Tesla was there. It is working just fine. The people in the Holiday Inn Express are very nice to Tesla drivers. It has a spaceous, quiet lobby in which to sit and look at your phone for 30 or 40 minutes.
    Speaking of nice, I remember the last time I charged here, abouit a year ago, the young lady in the bar and grill brought me a coffee. It was a nice gesture on her part.

• Informative x 1
  12. XHabjab

XHabjab Helping to end the ICE Age

I stayed there last week. They sent me the usual customer survey, which I filled out and made sure that they knew that I stayed there because of the Supercharger in their back yard. Also, the hot tub is not hot.

The front desk checkin folks were new and didn't seem to know how to set me up with a room, never mind what a Supercharger was. The morning checkout lady seemed a little more on top of things but the Supercharger was something from a different planet than hers.

It's actually a Holiday Inn, not a Holiday Inn Express. HIE gives you a free but "worth twice the price" breakfast. HI will sell you an overpriced mediocre breakfast. We ate breakfast at Jack In The Box down the street.

The bar is nice.

• Helpful x 2