Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chantilly, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sigh... both are correct post office names, but preferred is Chantilly (so, the heck with it, lol). Concur.

Shouldn't *really* matter as the car will be doing the navigation and the pin will show you where it is. And the address is South Riding (be happy for small favors).

Anyone know how to get the app to show the nearest one (this one)? I still show Ashburn.

The app gets that info from the car, once the car gets the Supercharger it will show up in the app. All four Superchargers on my App are now in VA, MD no longer dominates my Supercharger world :cool:

That said it would be nice if the list in the app was longer than 4 and if the superchargers were visible in the Location map.

Last edited:
hmm I live closer to Herndon . but before the wawa was open near udvar hazy , I used to drive to sheets and the small gas station on 50 to find cheap gas (also before my Tesla) . now i'll have to check is it closer to go into reston, south riding or maybe sterling or Ashburn !. its nice to have choices.

Reactions: boaterva
Also, this thread should probably be renamed from "Supercharger - South Riding, VA" to "Supercharger - Chantilly, VA".

Well as it was explained to me: Chantilly is in Fairfax County, South Riding is Loudon County. Originally it was Chantilly, but got changed when they started the development.

I think it should be South Riding. When they get done with the Big dig here in Chantilly at the Walmart, I won't be surprised to see Tesla move in. There is a lot of power being run to this site. Someone else is going to come here??? Ford, Lucid.

There’s another data center north of the Walmart area, see google maps (appropriate, as it is a Google data center). That what you mean?

There’s also more residential development in that area, I believe (see google maps again for digging).

It is too bad they don’t use the neighborhood name and not the post office name for the Supercharger descriptive name. 20151 and 20152 are Chantilly to the post office (preferred name). Every piece of mail we get that is ‘washed’ through the address system says so.

There’s another data center north of the Walmart area, see google maps (appropriate, as it is a Google data center). That what you mean?

There’s also more residential development in that area, I believe (see google maps again for digging).

It is too bad they don’t use the neighborhood name and not the post office name for the Supercharger descriptive name. 20151 and 20152 are Chantilly to the post office (preferred name). Every piece of mail we get that is ‘washed’ through the address system says so.

I got off topic on the Reston thread a couple weeks ago with The Chantilly Walmart Electrify America charging location. They only have 4 chargers but are running this hugh duct bank into the middle of the shopping center. It might be VW money but the way it is laid out Tesla could drop right next to them. the chargers are in the middle of a row. From Dominion's vault they ran a duct bank to a very large pad . This thing is big enough to drive 3000KVA no problem, Which doesnt exist that I know of. The 16 4" conduit stub ups is typical for a 4000Amp 480V service more than enough power to run 16 superchargers in addition to the 4 Electrify spots.

Saying that WAWA in there release stated they will add chargers at Nokes Blvd. up at Dulles Town Center. Did not specify what brand.

• Informative
Reactions: vdiv and boaterva
Well as it was explained to me: Chantilly is in Fairfax County, South Riding is Loudon County. Originally it was Chantilly, but got changed when they started the development.

I think it should be South Riding.

I suggested a thread title change because it's a bit confusing if I'm looking at a thread titled "Supercharger - South Riding" when Tesla does not have a Supercharger location named "South Riding". It's not a huge deal, but I think it would be better if the thread matched Tesla's official location name.

However, if Tesla revises their location name to be South Riding from Chantilly, then I'd agree.

Reactions: Big Earl
Royal Farms lost power but the chargers are still on line, but no coffee . Crews were working in the building probably modifying something in the main electrical panel.

95C9700D-F037-4217-8C6E-0A9D91AED483.jpeg

Slightly off-topic, the Chantilly Walmart EA site was supposed to be big, like the Columbia, MD one, with at least 10 dispensers, 350kW for at least two. Then something happened, EA pulled back, the huge fenced off area was removed, and eventually replaced with the four 150kW BTC "urban" stations. Maybe the power feed is a remnant of the original plans.

Funny thing about the EA charger at the Walmart in Chantilly. I go over there often and haven’t yet seen someone charging there. If a ChadeMO adapater didn’t cost $400, I probably would get one and use that station.

I assume ‘Walmart in Chantilly’ means Fairfax (near 28) and not the one near South Riding. As mentioned above because of USPS insanity, both are ‘Chantilly’. (The SR one may not strictly be in Chantilly zip codes but SR itself is, lol...)

Edit. Went back above and read all the Walmart posts, still can’t figure which ‘Chantilly/Walmart’ we’re talking about!

I assume ‘Walmart in Chantilly’ means Fairfax (near 28) and not the one near South Riding. As mentioned above because of USPS insanity, both are ‘Chantilly’. (The SR one may not strictly be in Chantilly zip codes but SR itself is, lol...)

Edit. Went back above and read all the Walmart posts, still can’t figure which ‘Chantilly/Walmart’ we’re talking about!

The Walmart by 28 has EA chargers. PlugShare link

The Walmart at 50 and LoCo parkway has EA chargers under construction. PlugShare link

Lots of fast charging options popping up all over the place these days.